UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
pshojo

Junk Yard Thread, Never ending

I was told by RareGMFan that those dark grey seats are very rare.  I PM'd Digital about some parts from it but haven't heard back yet, thanks for trying Manic!  I'm going to inquire about parts from this car next week.

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg

If this car is NOT an International, what's it doing with the pies?  Added later on sometime in it's life perhaps?  If you ordered the LQ1, the pies came with deal/suspension package?  I don't think I've seen crosslaces with the LQ1 that I can remember.

Edited by jiggity76

21 minutes ago, ManicMechanic said:

Yes.

Although in 1992-94 I have come across LQ1 cars with steelies and wheelcovers. Most were Canadian.

Thanks Manic, for MemphisMan and me, I'm on the lookout for a 91 International LQ1 CS sedan and he's looking for a 91 LQ1/5 speed car, I don't think he cares if it's an International or not.  We have our work cut out for us!  Like most cars here in Iowa, it's sad the road salt has taken this rare sedan.

Edited by jiggity76

6 hours ago, ManicMechanic said:

bcea8028-1d0f-453c-bf57-954723c2fcac.JPG

88570288-0231-4fe1-8adb-9f410f298c11.JPG

I'm 8 hours round trip from the car.

Ugh. That’s kickin my ass seeing it and being so far away. My car has the dark grey up top but below hip height in the seat is all light grey. I’ve changed a few pieces over but still looking for the seats, consoles and carpet. Carpet I’m going to replace when I do the 5speed so that’s easy to get new. Will just have to keep searching. Unless digitaloitsider gets to it. The front console looks damaged in the pic.

4 hours ago, GTP091 said:

Ugh. That’s kickin my ass seeing it and being so far away. My car has the dark grey up top but below hip height in the seat is all light grey. I’ve changed a few pieces over but still looking for the seats, consoles and carpet. Carpet I’m going to replace when I do the 5speed so that’s easy to get new. Will just have to keep searching. Unless digitaloitsider gets to it. The front console looks damaged in the pic.

Some people have had good luck of contacting the pullers in that area to pull and ship parts for them, might be worth a shot, what have you got to loose?

Just got back from 2 yards in my area.  Got a lot of pics and hope everyone enjoys!

A 1992 3.1 vert with cloth interior.  MemphisMan and I think it might be kinda rare since it has cloth interior.  Manic, have any thoughts?  I took the CD player for myself and got the console lid for MemphisMan and his gorgeous new coupe!

YwoJZ5.jpgyNVXek.jpgJLSFlP.jpguGRPEA.jpg7kvMWG.jpgXKCgxU.jpg2a5eLi.jpgGYkqqB.jpg

A Turbo GT Sunbird, not big on the color but what a cool car!  I didn't know the trip odometer and trip timer were in the console on these, really cool!

ftksl6.jpgflNZsS.jpgkEm8QZ.jpg1QRCkl.jpgp77FH5.jpgefWhQR.jpg

The missing engine parts are in the trunk.

ndJNlC.jpg

Ford Thunderbird Turbo coupe with a 5 speed.  I like these too and bummed out it ended up here.  Looks complete and waiting to be processed.

W2nBua.jpgsNXKlC.jpgdLgHEC.jpgupQMfe.jpgRv0Q5d.jpg

This is the second yard, a 93 coupe that I grabbed a fog lamp switch for MemphisMan.  I tried looking for some rear ashtrays for Selenoyl but no luck today, sorry.  I'll keep a lookout.  I've been to this yard since 2015 too and I've NEVER seen them crush this many cars at once.  It's astounding!  Sadly, there were a few W's in the piles.

ELCAwX.jpgG4Eg4J.jpgcdBxuo.jpgJtP6Mr.jpgCzpozX.jpgxvODhY.jpg

Upside down Cadillac DeVille.  This yard has a lot of the older stuff but they are really hard on vehicles, literally throwing them around and dropping them on jagged rocks caving in their floor pans.

bwNGxo.jpg

Gold CS sedan on the bottom left.  95-97 car.

N1piuJ.jpgpj8bYj.jpg

A black CS coupe.

BV2oI6.jpg

GP sedan, dual airbags so a 94-96 car.

lF0vBr.jpg