Transmission problems???

Just brought the Turbo from the repair garage, 2 new injectors, new cat. converter, fuel filter...... and almost $800 dollars later :evil: she past the state emmisions test :P . NOW, whenever I'm cruising and slow down to a stop, the car gets a BIG THUD and jerks forward around 11 mph :shock: . I took to repair shop, they don't know what it is, and deny doing anything wrong. Also shifting to rev, and OD while brake is applied is also harsh. The tranny shifts fine while driving except whenever you come to a stop. Anyone with similar problems?????

Actually, the dogbones were replaced recently. It's as if the car hit a pothole, it's kind of loud. I wondering if this anything to do with a vacuum line, I've seen this posted before, but can't remember where I the post.

Its likely that they either capped off the check valve or removed it for the modulator. Look at the front of the tranny and there will be a cylinder sticking out of it. It will have a vacuum line going into it. It should have a 3 port check valve on it. One of the ports should be open to the air. check that and see what you find.

Chris

Quick note, no time/sort of breif, a vacuum leak at the tranny 3-way ported check valve will cause an incorrect reading to the tranny vacuum modulator, making it think there is a moderate to heavy load on the engine, this raises the tranny fluid pressure/very harsh shifts at no load or light load conditon, and during down shifts. If vacuum line check valve is not leaking then possibility the guy who worked on/road tested your vehicle ran it too hard/long top speed run and has fried some clutches that are wanting to hang after coming to a stop/tranny fully warmed up. Other than that, nothing is hitting me right now.

Jeff M

Finally got around to checking the car out, looked at the modulator, and saw the flexible tubing that connects to the tee was disconnected..... I would have never thought to look in there. Thanks to all of you :D , I can now stop without scaring the crap out of my wife.... :shock: , and hopefully avoid damaging my trans....

manny