Spoiler or no Spoiler?

bkaab

Well somehow someone dented by trunk lid, put a pretty good scratch across, and cracked my spoiler on my 96 GP. So I need a new trunk lid now. Should I look for one with no spoiler or just get one with and paint the spoiler black again (my paint scheme is black and red). Pictures of spoilerless GP's welcome

This is my current look

IMAG0277.jpg

IMAG0013.jpg

I like the spoiler and I like the red and black paint scheme! Personally I don't think a 1st gen gp looks right without a spoiler. Save that spoiler mount brake like though if it still works!

I love the black and red scheme, oddly enough. I would run without a spoiler if you can find a decent lid without, but I do think the black spoiler ties it together too

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, whats with this first gen garbage? No such thing! Its 1st gen, 2nd gen, 3rd gen, etc, come one people, stop sounding so Fast & Furious!

Technically my car is a 5th gen Pontiac Grand Prix, 1st gen w-body, and there aint no more Pontiac, so all of them are previous gen.
Logic WIN!

OP, that's an awesome collection you have there! And the GT does 12.7? Noice.

Thats the thing about that 'gen' of Grand Prixs, they look good either way.

Technically my car is a 5th gen Pontiac Grand Prix, 1st gen w-body, and there aint no more Pontiac, so all of them are previous gen.

*facepalm* It doesnt matter if they are discontinued or not, they are still a 4th gen, 5th gen whatever. Pre means before, BEFORE! Sounds stupid calling them pre gens. Do you hear people call the last Supras first gen? no they call them 4th gens like they are.

OP: Sorry for the straying comments lol

Do you hear people call the last Supras first gen? no they call them 4th gens like they are.

I think you missed my point, which is you'll never hear me calling anything a first gen. :thumbsup:

bkaab, any updates?

No, i just think saying stuff like "first gen" makes you sound....young and nieve is all. We're w-body people, we're supposed to be smart, intelligent, and knowledgable :D lol

Am I the only one who LIKES the term first gen? If I had a 1st-gen W again, I would be tempted to get custom plates with that on it. But that's just me.

I did see a 2nd-gen GT without a spoiler a while back, and man it looked strange. I actually like cars that look good without a spoiler, but not many do.

Am I the only one who LIKES the term first gen? If I had a 1st-gen W again, I would be tempted to get custom plates with that on it. But that's just me.

I did see a 2nd-gen GT without a spoiler a while back, and man it looked strange. I actually like cars that look good without a spoiler, but not many do.

first gen shouldn't be a term, as no such thing exists :think: