95 lumina tach and vac gauge install

3.1 95' Lumina

hey guys,

Im installing a sunpro tach and vac gauge in my car. I am having trouble finding where to route the vacuum tubing for the vac gauge and the tach wire for the tach itself. I have looked all over the firewall and the only holes i see are from the TV cable and the throttle cable. Im not sure if im overlooking any other holes, but if you guys can help me out with some pictures or just references id really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Drill a hole, install a grommet. Route the vacuum tubing and tach wiring through the grommet. Seal the grommet with a bit of silicone RTV to prevent an air leak.

Maybe it was deleted from Gen 1.5 cars, but on Gen 1's there should be a ~1" hole with a rubber plug in it just to the left of the brake booster. It's for the clutch master cylinder on 5 speed cars.

Just a little update on the gauge install.

Got my 2" PVC for the vacuum gague. The guy at my local Ace Hardware gave me 3 feet for a buck :D

For the Tach, i couldnt find a piece of pipe to fit that so im using a Pringles can. Then im fiberglassing the entire pillar and painting it either the interior color or a flat black to match the faces of the gauges.

As for the routing of wires through the firewall, I still havent found a hole to route them through so im just going to drill a hole right by the floorboard and route them through there.

I think the wiring harness for the cluster i have now will not adapt to the cluster that has the tach in it.

Plus, I have had the wild hair just to do some custom work on that car since i only paid $500 for the thing to begin with. So i thought why not just add some gauges to it while i can.