SX tribute car.

pshojo

I'm seriously thinking about making a tribute car. I have 95 Vert. So, 31st anniversary 442 didn't sound good. So, i'm thinking doing SX 25 Year anniversary tribute. I would use the 2nd Gen hood louvers and rear bucket seats, and maybe convert to manual? What thoughts do you have?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pshojo

• 94 olds vert

• 1988PhantomFE3

• Nas Escobar

Isn't your Vert a 45k original? I don't think I'd do anything that you couldn't put back to stock. Rear buckets would be cool. 5 speed, sure. Hood louvers???

Don't know about that. Just my 2 cents....

Rear buckets? Yes. Manual 5 speed 284? Yes. Hood louvers? NO. Not on a cutty anyway.

Or could you just make an International out of it. Like I did to mine. Like 95 vert said you have a low mileage original car why mess with it.

MagsJoanie027Resized.jpg

94-96 Gp louvers on a Cutlass. Not bad, but it's not for me.

Yeah it is 45k car. I am looking for another red hood to put the lovers in, so I have original and modified. Most other things I'm figuring on doing are decals and bolt in items. I have couple NOS SX emblems that I plan on putting tape on back or... I would find set of international seats, but save all my original stuff.

I was thinking the GP Daytona Louvers that I bought. It would look like the 1994 FE3 442 tribute car. I'm not sure I'd use center console from 94 . Maybe make a fill cushion.

• 3 weeks later...

I've started my Cutlass Vert project. First thing was to upgrade the brakes to 96 11" brakes. Pulled out the old struts assemblies and replaced with 96 Cutlass with FE3 suspension. Took them to have sandblasted and painted with epoxy. Replaced the wheel bearings while I was add it. Also replaced front calipers and painted with Epoxy brushed paint.

post-5429-143689100416_thumb.jpg

post-5429-14368910041_thumb.jpg

post-5429-143689100419_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I do have FE3. I've found some monte's have larger rear sway bars. Picked one up last weekend.

gen 1.5 large bar: 3/4" <--- 1995 gen 1.5 3.4 ONLY.

I think 1996 may also have the same size bar.

Front bar is the same - 34mm

Largest rear bar is 1995-96 Monte Carlo and Lumina - 22mm

As I recall, you do have to do a little work to make the rear bar fit on a first gen.

I got a replacement bar from a member here, it's no fatter than those big pencils we used in kindergarten. I was thinking of having a friend weld some meat on that thing here and there...unless there is a bigger better one that fits already out there?