SX tribute car.

pshojo

Well, I dropped my Vert off at the body shop today. Should have it by end of week. Can't wait. Doing the good heat extractor and other cleanup work. Yeah!

Also made appt to have Vert top replaced.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pshojo

• 94 olds vert

• 1988PhantomFE3

• Nas Escobar

Update: Got the Vert back from the body shop. They completed the hood, however they have a little touch up work before I pick it up tomorrow. They are going to finish cutting the hood insulation to fit the drip pan..

post-5429-143689106789_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well, one more step. Had the vert top replaced with Canvas.

I also got my PCM back from being re-programmed. I really like it. Changed the shift patterns and other changes. Feels quicker throttle response. Wasn't going for racing, but just better driveability. Sinister Hooked me up, $65.

post-5429-143689111794_thumb.jpg

instead of pinstriping, I'd remove the bump strip. I think it really cleans up the lines

bump strip's gotta go! and why the PCM programming i thought you wanted to go with a 5-speed. Its a tough job!

I was going to go with 5 SPD. It will be a while before I tear it apart. For $65 thought I would see what a programming could do, while I just enjoy driving it - while I'm getting my L26 running

I'm currently focusing on body/interior changes. Next I'm focusing on pulling suspension having it sand blasted and painted, as well as sections under car that show little rust.

I'm actually thinking about doing hurst dual gate shifter or lighting rods if I don't want to pull dash out for stick shift. Thinking maybe I'll use the 282 on 3.8 l26... Kind of fluid thoughts ccurrently

• 2 weeks later...

One more step, Rear bucket seats. Found Vert in the junkyard, picked up the rear bucket seats and components. Decided to put this in my car while trying to figure out my L26 project. Here is Pic

post-5429-143689112875_thumb.jpg

post-5429-143689112887_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

well, its been a while since i've done anything to this car.

I thought about getting first the Hurst Lightning rod to fit into my 95, but too many unknowns on making it fit in the center console. So, I have 1988 282 trans/axles/pedals/ect. I'm now preparing to install a manual trans in the car. So i was reading on transmissions, not all 282's are equal. Suggestions if i should go ahead and put this in, find gen II 282? Or other? I have been little gun shy of the 284 because of expense. Nows your time to give me feed back.

post-5429-143689122749_thumb.jpg

post-5429-143689122737_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I've ordered some sample material to have custom set of instrument gauges inlays made. I'm thinking of going with silver, with white numbers and Red needle. Or going with Red Overlay, and White numbers.

Rear buckets? Yes. Manual 5 speed 284? Yes. Hood louvers? NO. Not on a cutty anyway.

Or could you just make an International out of it. Like I did to mine. Like 95 vert said you have a low mileage original car why mess with it.

MagsJoanie027Resized.jpg

94-96 Gp louvers on a Cutlass. Not bad, but it's not for me.

Do you know what rims those are? They look really clean on that car.

• 2 months later...

what would you do with valve cover. I'm thinking about painting colors. I have intake that is polished that i'm installing. So what color would you paint? two colors or one? black, grey, red? Also, the portion of the intake that is not polished, i'm also thinking about painting, color?

post-5429-143689130667_thumb.jpg

post-5429-143689130656_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Opinions? After I installed the overlay for instrument cluster. Lights at night seem extra dim. Are there brighter bulbs? Options?