Boost Gauge Question

RobertISaar

wouldn't know. seeing how you're using 97 and 98 parts, there could be a difference in the fuel guage that would cause some really weird things to happen. would have to pull whatever cluster you plan on using and measure it with a multimeter.

but the RC mod.... turns out it didn't work, the guage was specifically designed to react as quickly as it does and to add enough capacitance to it's circuit to slow it down to an acceptable speed would cause a LOT of heat to be generated in both the guage's windings and in the fuel level sender itself whenever the needle attemps to move... so i dropped that project and moved onto a different method.

Let me know wut you figure out btw im using the 97 cluster i wanna run it til the odometer zeros out(its at just under 263k miles) :) my fuel gauge is actually pretty correct other than between 1/4 and 1/2 tank

wouldn't know. seeing how you're using 97 and 98 parts, there could be a difference in the fuel guage that would cause some really weird things to happen. would have to pull whatever cluster you plan on using and measure it with a multimeter.

but the RC mod.... turns out it didn't work, the guage was specifically designed to react as quickly as it does and to add enough capacitance to it's circuit to slow it down to an acceptable speed would cause a LOT of heat to be generated in both the guage's windings and in the fuel level sender itself whenever the needle attemps to move... so i dropped that project and moved onto a different method.

being a 97, the fuel guage is actually controlled by the PCM.... the PCM reads the fuel level sender and outputs a signal for the cluster. i IMAGINE the same hardware could be used to skew the voltage that the PCM sees, but i'm not 100% on that.