My TGP Is Ill

EGTGP

That is correct. Running yellow tops will not require any fueling changes.

yes Indeed switched the stock tgp injectors out for the yellow toppers and my hesitation Issue Is completely gone. all is well. for now.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EGTGP

• Garrett Powered

• White93z34

• Turbo v-sick

exactly, for now. keep an eye on any voltage dips bringing your voltage below 12 volts. this can be hard on anything with a current running through it. many switches and motors and stuff will start wearing out or corrode.

exactly, for now. keep an eye on any voltage dips bringing your voltage below 12 volts. this can be hard on anything with a current running through it. many switches and motors and stuff will start wearing out or corrode.

I do notice this.. headlight dimming and what not.. was thinking of running some bypass cables and what not ( batt directly to the Fuel pump relay pos box).. not sure if that would help.. cleaned up most of the ground's though most of them were pretty clean..

the problem with TGP's can be traced to a single specific ground wire. and clean it all you want it won't make it any better. :lol: you basically throw it away and clean the threads on the bolts and replace it with a more suitable size wire for those old electronics.

after you do that one "key" wire is when actually it would become time to discuss monitoring voltage drops with datalogs. I should have mentioned this first because it is very important.

the problem with TGP's can be traced to a single specific ground wire. and clean it all you want it won't make it any better. :lol: you basically throw it away and clean the threads on the bolts and replace it with a more suitable size wire for those old electronics.

after you do that one "key" wire is when actually it would become time to discuss monitoring voltage drops with datalogs. I should have mentioned this first because it is very important.

soo. which ground do i need to replace ?

from the battery tray to the transmission bolt there is a little 10 gauge wire

*edit: more like 6 gauge wire I think

Edited by Garrett Powered

Agreed. If you're running that much boost, you need to gap your plugs to about .028-.030 so the boost doesn't blow out the spark..
If it's mine I would suggest .028 to be exact...

think this would still be the case if im at 4600ft above sea level ?

going to replace the crap ass 7mm plug wires figured I'd do the plugs while I'm at It so??? autolite 103's or just stick with acdelco R42lts?

wow you were really stabbing it too!

thing to look for is what its characteristics are as your radiator fan kicks on at idle.

...and then go take it for a drive with the gauge on the windshield so you can monitor it.

...but also datalog it

Edited by Garrett Powered

Wow the lifespan of regular 7mm plug wires isnt very long in a tgp... 2 front wires were baked.. ac delco 7mm maybe 6 months old... need to invest in some good wires..

shes running perfectly again. will see for how long lol.

also replaced the ground wire and tested after. I monitored around 14.3 volts at idle dropping to about 12.9 for half a sec or so when the rad fan kicks on.. around 14v flat at WOT and 41 ish psi fuel pressure at WOT.. crappy analog gauge so it could be off a few either way...

cable ordered and I bought tune pro rt.:dance:

Edited by EGTGP

• 3 weeks later...

Dammit. SES light again every so often, doesn't come on for more then a few secs and only at idle or when coasting but its running fine. code 43 is the only code coming up. guess ill throw a Multi meter on the knock sensor in the morning ..

can't data log yet... the hard drive in my netbook took a dump so waiting on a new one.. lol.

anything else I should check out with a code 43?? new ICM/coils/plugs/wires. car runs great and nothing noticeable happens when the ses comes on..

Edited by EGTGP

Son of a bitch.. noticed bubbling in the coolant overflow res when i got home today.. guess its time to price out a gasket set...

well turns out my air bubbles were coming from a small crack in the rad where the overflow tube connects right below the rad cap. had the crack fixxed and had a oil analysis done and i did a compression test. all is well!!

did pick up a front strut tower brace!! to bad it was from a cutty vert :(

post-7290-143689102253_thumb.jpg

post-7290-143689102222_thumb.jpg

post-7290-143689102238_thumb.jpg

I had the same leak on mine. the car will never run right with that nipple leaking. it can't get enough pressure so the fan never stops running.

• 3 months later...

Quick question The dic in my tgp is pretty weathered.. I have a mint one from a 91 gtp same functionality but much brighter and the buttons are alittle diff. would it be a direct swap for the 90 dic?

• 1 month later...

Matt Inc* repaired crossover ready to be installed.. New intake gaskets injector o-rings and o-2 sensor.. and Its piss pouring rain.. on my only day off for the next week and a half.. and no garage.. I'd just brave the wet If It wasn't 50 degrees out...

:damnit1:

Guess Ill put It all next to the box of STE parts Ive been neglecting..