HUD radio info display

96grandprix

Just got my heads up display installed in my 96 grand prix. I put in a 97& up hud unit in, and repinned the hud connector so the wiring matches the newer hud. Except for the radio info, pin A5. I have a stock montana cd player (1997 model year) installed and am wondering if anyone knows which wire is the serial data line that goes to the hud harness a5 pin to display radio info on the heads up display, or if i need to add a wire from the stock stereo. Thanks.

A5 DK GRN entertainment and comfort serial data communicator (radio info!)

Its the green wire on the radio. IIRC its the same one for you SWRC

• 2 weeks later...

The defrost cover was prolly the hardest mod. The hud specific cover rises up over the hud unit, and only has a small oval opening for the image. It looks butchered right now, but works. The hud unit i bought is from a 97 and up, so i had to repin about 10 wires in the hud connector. The 97 and up display radio info if you have the correct stereo, which is really nice. The switchs are all the same up to i think 2003. I bought one from a 98 on ebay. With a little bit of work with my mototool i carved out the stock headlight switch assy to accept the hud switch. Had to run a wire from the stereo to the hud for radio info. I dont have any ghost imaging or anything with the image on the windshield. This was a great little mod and I spent about 50$ for the switch and hud unit on ebay, plus 20 at the junkyard for a defrost cover(i wanna keep my original) and some wiring pigtails- i needed 2 or 3 gm wire terminals to add the radio wire.

IF I was gonna use the HUD switch from a 97-03 I would have mounted it some where else. But maybe some dime Down the road you can find one. Going to put a six in it?

Would this be possible on a 95 cutlass as well? What information would the HUD give?

It is doable to put a HUD in your 1995 Cutlass.

[video=youtube;lZpLdqDoMCk]

It gives you speed, turn signals, low fuel light, and check gauges light all on the windshield.