Mystery Connectors

gpchris

Hey, got a harness from a 97 Monte Carlo 3.4. I started hacking it today and found two connectors I couldn't be completely sure about. They look like trans connectors but I cant figure out exactly what they're for.. I already found the main circular connector and the range switch plugs. I don't deal with automatic transmissions too much so I'm coming up blank.

be2fa798.jpg

Another question.. Where is VSS plug on this harness? Is it in the same bundle of wires as the alt and rear knock sensor?

the plug on the left is one of the shifter position switches(at least a 4T60E style one), the one that controls the portion that only allows cranking in P/N, deals with the reverse lamps and a few other things.

the right one.... good question. i think i have an identical plug on the 95MC, but it's not plugged into anything.

the plug on the left is one of the shifter position switches(at least a 4T60E style one), the one that controls the portion that only allows cranking in P/N, deals with the reverse lamps and a few other things.

the right one.... good question. i think i have an identical plug on the 95MC, but it's not plugged into anything.

The left one(blue seal) appears to be the exact same style connector as the range switch but it goes to something else. The range switch is actually still plugged in elsewhere.

The one on the right with the green seal is the cruise control connector. Both plugs are on the same extended loom just inches from each other. This is gonna drive me nuts.

Ok, after doing a little bit of research I think I figured it out. This is pretty much a guess but if anyone could verify it thatd be fantastic. Alright Im thinking that plug is supposed to connect to the firewall plate harness (not c100, the one with the abs wiring) and eventually connect to the BCM. My 95 never had inter connectivity between harness' so my firewall plate harness does not have this connector. The purpose of the connectivity seems to be for the BCM so send a signal to trip the ign/starter relay that only obd2 models had. Which would explain why my engine wouldn't start with the key.

I may be far off but that's the only thing I could think of.

no 1.5 W's had a BCM.... ?

can you get a list of the wire colors on both connectors and a rough location of where they are on the harness? i can probably match them up.

no 1.5 W's had a BCM.... ?

can you get a list of the wire colors on both connectors and a rough location of where they are on the harness? i can probably match them up.

Obd 1.5 does use a BCM but the way it uses passlock and sends the starter signal seems to be different. Obd2 models have an extra relay in the left side under good fuse box, it's called ign system/starter. It looks like a few of these wires trace over to it. Plus this plug sits right next to the cruise module so the only place it could possibly go is into the abs/firewall harness.

I'll get you the colors later today.

197ebe7e.jpg

WHT - Lrg wire goes directly to one of the 3 relays, fan or ign

PNK - unknown

DRK BLU - unknown

BLK - to ground union

PPL/WHT - unknown

LGT BRN/WHT - to PCM pin 48

Edited by gpchris

ok, that connector is referenced as C156:

http://i.imgur.com/bfZcc.png

odd that GM would use what normally was only used for one of the range switch connectors for that...

the other one looks like it could be C102 or C104, you can probably match one of them. if not, i'll do more digging.

http://i.imgur.com/78KRZ.png

http://i.imgur.com/kULxa.png

and by 1.5W, i meant 95-99 MC/95-01 lumina. they have no BCM. if you're referring to the security feature, that's just the passkey 2 module, which when it detects a correct key or goes into fail-enable mode, sends a 50Hz, 50% duty cycle square wave signal to the PCM to enable the injectors and it also enables a relay that completes the starter circuit(functions the same as 1st gen w/security). the 2nd gen Ws do use a BCM and it's security is different due to it involving the BCM.