Top speed?

ricklovin93

whats the wbodys top speed for example a 3100 mated with 4t60e with the speed limiter? and whats the highest possible top speed with the speed limiter removed?

107 in my 99 3100 Lumina

Done 121 in my current car. Damn traffic came up or else I wouldve gone further. Of course this was by a professional on a closed highway.....

whats the wbodys top speed for example a 3100 mated with 4t60e with the speed limiter? and whats the highest possible top speed with the speed limiter removed?

a 93-95 W-body w/3100 is limited to 108MPH. it can reach it without too much struggle, or at least i did in the MC a few times.

with the limiter removed... 120-130 range, i would think.

The speedometer in my old LeBaron convertible went to 140, too. I thought it was a sad joke.

My speedo stops at 140 :(

Some cars speedometers are overly optimistic I think...

I was on a long, steep downgrade and opened it up on my old 3.4 Alero. 108. I was pissed (before I knew shit about cars)

Two of my GPs, 108.

I got my Olds 98 up to 115 one night on a road I didn't know well...came over a crest, and realized there was a curve. I piled into the brakes about as hard as I could, and wallowed through the curve. That was dumb.

I've had the Euro to 115 (she got floaty and spooked me) and the Saab to about 100.

I got the Jeep to the 111mph speed limiter one night.

No professional driver, closed course bullshit. What I did was illegal, albeit on back roads with nobody else around.

I had an 88 buick that shut down at 115, a 92 euro3.4 that shut down at 110, my 93 dont know what shut down means:biggrin: (but it was 115 when I bought it;))

you must have jumbo sized coconut balls to go 111 in a jeep:biggrin:

:lol: Not my brightest hour, but she seemed to take it in stride.

i took my old auto Z34 to 120 and it felt surprisingly stable. My old Ninja 500 at 130, not so much.

I dont think my GTP has seen triple digits, which is sad.

Too bad we don't have an autobahn because 120 sounds like fun too me

Would be fun but our cars are not built for it. An extended amount of time at those speeds would cause the trans to overheat. Plus I can only imagine how horrible the gas mileage would be heh