Another new guy on W-body.

MrHiggins

I purchased a 1994 CS convertible in January. It needs some work but runs ok. I am not new to Oldsmobiles, but I am to the W-body. I owned a 1969 442 convertible back in the 80's and currently own a 1963 Starfire and just sold a 1963 Dynamic 88 convertible. I hope to get another 1963 Starfire, only a convertible this time. I also hope to get an 80"s 442 with T-Tops, but have to wait till I can get more garage space.

Looking forward to learning about the W-body.

MrHiggins

Thanks for the welcome. My 94 is a bit rough around the edges but no rust as it was a Florida car most of its life. One question you can maybe answer for me, since you have the same car, is about the convertible top. The top latches ok, the hooks latch tight, but there is a gap between the convertible top and the top of the windshield frame, as if the top needs to go another inch or more forward? Is there a filler panel missing? Anything that attaches to the top or something missing from the windshield frame? I stuffed some hot water pipe foam insulation in the gap for now to keep the rain & cold out. I got the car from someone that didn't know anything about the car, he bought it for a quick turn-around. Thank for any help you can give me.

MrHiggins

Thanks for the welcome. The 69 442 convertible I had wasn't a W30, it had a later year 455 with A/C, black with red interior, I had done a frame on resto on a rust free Colorado car.

MrHiggins

post-7187-143689091662_thumb.jpg