Lumina Gunmetal Touch-Up Paint???

base93lumina

Okay, im sure some will bag on this, but i need to paint my "new" trunk lid and spoiler and was having a hard time locating matching color in a spray can. I see Duplicolor has code 84 Gunmetal PT# BGM0344 Gunmetal in an 8oz can, but my car is the 87 Gunmetal. The cap looks really close to my car, but wondering if anyone has used it and if its close or exact to the stock color. If not, whats the input on this? We mix paint at the Napa i work for, but can only get the color close, not exact match. What has everyone else done for this color?

I go by the WA number on the spare tire cover, and the "U" number as well. That will get the proper variance. But I have paint shops match the color the only color out of a can that has ever matched was GM white, code 16.

For example, the my 90 I just bought paint for. It's code 27U / WA8742. Medium Blue. But I bought a gallon to be sprayed out of a gun because I'm doing the entire car. You will not need that much.

no i wont, but im wondering if the 84 gunmetal is gonna be close enough to the 87 gunmetal, both are GM colors used in the early 90's. So far i cant see a difference, but wanted more opinions.