91 euro spitting&sputtering/ bogging.

SOHC-FTW

Got a 91 lumina euro (with 4spd auto+OD) with aprox 200k has had the heads milled for true surface from blown HG's other than that she's completely stock. The issues are it ran like absolute boar shit bucking 95% of the time we could never get a scan on it to see if it had any sensors malfunctioning because like a little leprechaun it would disappear before it made it back to the house and apparently not store the code(s). I know the speedo goes crazy suspecting the VSS as for the bucking i'm guessing either the CPS or an internal issue, but i have not performed a compression or leak down test. Also after we redid the topend it had a bit of piston slap on cold starts which is why i think it may be internal but hoping it's not. I'm just looking for suggestions on things to check.... proper fuel psi, sensors that can cause these issues (voltage specs would help), compression # etc etc feel free to voice ya'lls opinions! Thanks in advance.

I'm betting when the heads were put back on the car, you no longer have a proper ground between the engine and chassis....seen it more than once.

Check your wiring first, particularly ground wiring that should be going from the chassis to the engine.

Will do this car has been sitting for 3-4 years now so i'm not as familiar with it as i once was. This chassis ground you speak of is it on the back side of the engine? Thanks for the suggestion bud.

If I recall, the chassis ground is on the transmission.
How many grounds are they in the bay? wouldn't happen to have a link to a wiring diagram would ya? If not i'm about 90% sure i've got a manual for it around here somewhere.

There's a host of them on the driver's side, bolted to the bellhousing of the transmission. All in the same place.

...BUT, since we now know it's been sitting for several years...bad gas, and varnish, particularly in the fuel injectors is a strong possibility.

There's a host of them on the driver's side, bolted to the bellhousing of the transmission. All in the same place. ...BUT, since we now know it's been sitting for several years...bad gas, and varnish, particularly in the fuel injectors is a strong possibility.
Miscommunication on my part i guess...... It was parked for the issues described above and once my current project is finished the lumina will be next. So i'm just trying to prepare myself for when the time comes. It did the bogging/cutting in and out around a year+ before she was parked, i hope that clears things up abit.

ICM/coils can cause this too
Awsome keep the ideas a coming it can't hurt. Car was a great one until this started. I'm hoping it's a simple fix and not internal, but yeah throw out all possible ideas.