Junkyard wheels find

RareGMFan

So this past Saturday, several of us local locos (including Euro and Rich17 from here) went to the U-Pull-It yard despite the fact that it had snowed that morning, was cold and the winds were unrelenting. I'm going down the "new arrivals" row, which I always do first, and on the end is a 7th and 6th gen GP. The 7th gen was a GTP Comp G no less! Engine bay was toasted, and the front wheels had popped due to the fire. Driver's side wheel was bent, but the passenger side just looked like it needed to be polished up (was covered in soot and such). The back 2 looked like they were pretty nice. I went back up to the counter to ask how much they'd be. "Ehhh...tertee dollars each". :eek: So....I removed the 2 lug nuts holding each of the 3 good wheels on as my hands went numb from using the freezing wrench (no, I didn't have gloves), and had "Jose" lift the car up in the air for easy tire removal. I'm still a LITTLE worried about the front passenger one because the inside lip looks rough, but I'm pretty sure it can be cleaned up.

Here's what one of the wheels looked like when I got it home.

CompG1.jpg

CompG2.jpg

CompG3b.jpg

And here's what one of them looked like after I quickly took some Never Dull to it (best wheel cleaning stuff EVER!). Also threw on one of my newer style center caps, which look much better IMO.

CompG4.jpg

CompG5.jpg

CompG6.jpg

Yes, it's starting to show signs of the infamous GM wheel chrome peel, but so far it's limited to the insides of the wheels, and the far inside of the lug nut holes. All in all, I'm fairly happy for $90 for 3 rims. :D For reference, here's what they look like on a Gen 6 GP...

DSC01446.jpg

Edited by RareGMFan

DAMN! Those cleaned up great. I was the only one to not find anything that day. Stupid Regals.

The Joseph Abboud Edition is still at City Auto. :dance: I snagged the door and trunk emblems. :D Thought about grabbing the front floor mats because I liked how the JA emblem looked on them, but passed.

What are you gonna do about a 4th wheel?

Between the car forums, junkyards and craigslist, I don't think it will be very hard to find one more wheel.