Racetronix fuel pump harness in '98 Regal GS

iTurbo

Hope this is in the right section.... I have a Racetronix W1 fuel pump harness that my brother bought for the Regal GS from PRJ Performance several years ago. I recently installed a new fuel pump in the Regal GS and now I'd like to install this harness as well. I can't find any directions for it online or otherwise, but the install looks pretty straightforward. Not really sure where to mount the relay though. Is it installed underneath the car?

(edit) Here is the harness on Racetronix site:

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=FPWH-015&eq=&Tp=

Edited by iTurbo

I know this doesnt help you, but do you have your old pump yet? Did the sending unit work? I Need the sending unit or the whole pump if it you still have it... Let me know...

Ill do a bit of seaching on this relay mounting for you

• 1 month later...

AL- sorry but I had to get an entire new sending unit for the Regal GS I'm working on as well. Seemed it had a bad check valve in the top of the canister.

I finally got the fuel pump harness installed today. I'm pretty impressed with the quality of the product and it turned out not to be so hard to install. I could not find any W-body install pictures, but I could find some pictures detailing the install on other body styles (F-body etc), and all were running the wiring under the car as opposed to drilling a hole through the access panel and running it inside. Worked out nice though. I did drill two holes in the car; one 1/8" hole to mount the relay near the fuel filter, and another 1/4" hole to fasten the ground lug to the frame (I also sanded this area down to bare metal). I routed the wires down the driver side of the car following the fuel/brake line tract for the most part. I went up along the firewall into the underhood area just below the master cylinder and then along the top of the firewall to the passenger side. I mounted the fuse cavity here piggybacking it on the new GM fuel pump ballast resistor relocation I had just installed, then worked the main (+) wire through the rubber boot on the alternator (+) wire. Very clean install and the length of the harness was damn near perfect.