How Rare is this??

Jeorge

I seen today a 1993 Lumina 4 door with a 3.4L and a 5 speed..?? I have never known a 4 door lumina with a 5 spd let alone with a 3.4L

It was at a gas station and I asked about it when I heard it pull in....I didnt belive him and he poped his hood and yeah 3.4 doch

I've seen some 4 door Euro 3.4's, but I guess I've never had the opportunity to see what trans they had. I like the taillight treatment on them though, with the bodycolor insert.

Well I would have taken pics but it was at a gas station and the car had WI plates I think he was from the bayfeild area is what he said....

It looked like it had a consol out of a 2 door if it was custom but he said he bought it that way in 1995 so who knows...it had over 200K on it but it looked mint still...

Im not sure about numbers but there were some z34s made with an available 5-speed and it couldve come from 1 of those. Its definately possible. Check the 60 Degree V6 forums for the details.

There were never any euro 3.4 5-speeds made. All were auto. If he had a stick shift it HAD to be transplanted, because the only luminas to ever get a standard transmission were the Z34s. That's not to say he doesnt have a 282 from a GP or Cutty 2.8/3.1, because the 284s from the Z34s, cuttys, and GPs (with 3.4) are VERY hard to come by, VERY VERY VERY hard. When I brought my stick shift Z34 into the dealer for an inspection a crowd of like 25 employees/mechanics gathered around the car in awe, saying they had only heard of thses cars "in legend". lololololol. I thought it was funny, but cool at the same time.

yeah but why would someone do a conversion way back then when the car was almost new?? Odd I think but cool none the less....

I know the feeling about going to a dealer and having people look at your car like that....

Just found a 91 GP STE, 3.4 5-SPEED!!!!! :shock: close to me for sale in the Auto Trader. I'll check into it because its only about 10 miles from my house.

I'll post some details soon. E-mail me if you must have it.

http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/vdetail.jtmpl?car_id=114712419&dealer_id=&make=PONT&distance=300&max_price=&model=GP&advcd_on=n&end_year=1993&min_price=&first_record=1&certified=n&address=76010&search_type=used&advanced=n&start_year=1988&=&color=&car_year=

Tom is 100% correct...1992-1994 chevy made the Lumina Euro 3.4 4 door with AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION ONLY...5spd was never ever an option....just for the 1991-1993 Z34 was 5spd an option , so the car is def. some hybrid the owner did himself or someone else did before him...i must say , it sounds prety cool - Mark

Just found a 91 GP STE, 3.4 5-SPEED!!!!! close to me for sale in the Auto Trader. I'll check into it because its only about 10 miles from my house.

How can you not go and buy that thing, it is sooooo nice and sooooo rare. I would if I had the $$

-Tom

Just found a 91 GP STE, 3.4 5-SPEED!!!!! close to me for sale in the Auto Trader. I'll check into it because its only about 10 miles from my house.

How can you not go and buy that thing, it is sooooo nice and sooooo rare. I would if I had the $$

-Tom

well I could tell you why not to buy it.... 210241690.114712419.IM1.MAIN.240x180_A.240x127.jpg

but its pretty selfexplanitory.... but on the other hand How many are that color LOL.....

Ok, I called the guy who is selling it for his cousin who is in Virginia.

First I confirmed it has true RED :oops: paint which is also in "nice looking condition" He also confirmed it truly is a 3.4 DOHC-5 spd manual.

He said the car is all original as far as he knows. Tan interior, 122k miles,

needs brake pads and 1 rotor, runs good, shifts good, just replaced starter and alternator (reason the car is in Texas/broke down here).

Clear title, price a little negotiable. Said its a nice car in good condition in and out. I plan to take a look at it this weekend, will post when find out.

Can anyone reconfirm the possibilty of this being original. If this is the car for you e-mail me at mijomakr@aol.com

don't be so sure. There are such things as PINK Grand Prixs. My mom has one. It is a Mary Kay edition. Here is the link to it. It looks white, but if you look, there is a WHITE BUCKET in front of the door. With the obviously white bucket sitting there, you can tell that the car is DEFINANTLY not white. MARY KAY PINK is an actual color. If you go to a GM dealership, then you can ask them about it. They can get you a tube of it, and confirm that it is pink. The color itself if VERY LIGHT PINK. It looks white when you see the car in person, but whenever there is a white vehicle present, THEN you notice that it is definantly pink.

http://www.geocities.com/riven5415/MaryKay.html

that is the link to the pictures of the car on my website. The car was kinda dirty when I took the pictures, and the interior needed a good cleaning. What is also unique is that this car is a 1996, and it is a 6-seater with column shift.

Taylor

* Update, I went and looked at this vehicle on saturday. It is in decent shape considering its mileage. It just needs a good cleaning and polishing and minor cosmetics(not Mary Kay). I took pics but can't seem to post them so I sent them to Jeorge since he has a web site from which to access them. If anyone is v-interested in buying this rare car, I can send you the pics also. I took a pic of the RPO codes, although its hard to focus in. This probably is an original 3.4 5-speed because it is a vin X and

these cars were made with 5-speeds. Correction, it has grey cloth, no HUD, just trip computer and e-compass.

*Update, Jeorge has this car now posted on his website in the for sale section. There's a picture of my TGP there also, but its not exactly for sale at least not cheap I.E. ($4500 firm).

oh and Mike I did look at that link on the car and it says its nolonger for sale?? what did he remove it because he though you where going to get it??

Man I wish I had the money for it but IM getting some pics of a cheap ste turbo for sale that just needs the door trim put back on and a paint job....if I dont get it I will also post it on there....anyone else have Pictures of STE w or w/o turbo or TGP parts or cars they want posted??