Mel87

Went to Dunkin Donuts this morning and noticed the my right blinker isn't blinking. Just a solid state on. When I got home I tried to diagnose it. The hazards will blink it, but when I use the blinker lever it wont. There are no bulbs out so it brought me to the conclusion of a bad relay maybe? I remember years ago it happened to my uncles Dodge truck. Would that be what it is and if so where is the relay located? Also it won't blink even with the headlights on.

Edited by Mel87

If you hit your right blinker and kind of half-click the brights will it blink? Could be a bad turn signal switch - similar symptoms between the relay and the switch. Just had my switch replaced for this very reason.

If you hit your right blinker and kind of half-click the brights will it blink? Could be a bad turn signal switch - similar symptoms between the relay and the switch. Just had my switch replaced for this very reason.

Usually when the switch goes the blinker won't work when you turn the hazards on.

Nope, I hear the half way click your talking about, but it won't blink then either.

Went to Dunkin Donuts this morning and noticed the my right blinker isn't blinking. Just a solid state on.

If the left side works OK, it is NOT the flasher. Same flasher for left and right turn signals, if it works on one side but not the other, the flasher is not to blame.

The hazards will blink

Different flasher unit. Pretty sure it's different filaments in the lamps, too--but I haven't verified that.

but when I use the blinker lever it wont.

Turn signal lever?

There are no bulbs out

You realize that some bulbs have TWO filaments, and one can burn out but the other is still OK? You problem is 80% certain to be a bulb. although defective wiring/socket and defective turn signal switch are also possibilities.

Also it won't blink even with the headlights on.

Unrelated.

Went to Dunkin Donuts this morning and noticed the my right blinker isn't blinking. Just a solid state on.

If the left side works OK, it is NOT the flasher. Same flasher for left and right turn signals, if it works on one side but not the other, the flasher is not to blame.

The hazards will blink

Unrelated. Different flasher unit. Pretty sure it's different filaments in the lamps, too--but I haven't verified that.

but when I use the blinker lever it wont.

Turn signal lever?

There are no bulbs out

You realize that some bulbs have TWO filaments, and one can burn out but the other is still OK? You problem is 80% certain to be a bulb. although defective wiring/socket and defective turn signal switch are also possibilities.

Also it won't blink even with the headlights on.

Unrelated.

does the indicator light up when you turn the lights on?

Yes it does.

I talked to my dad at work today. He says that the flasher controls both left and right, so if it were to go bad than neither left or right would blink.

While I was on break at work I popped the lower plastic piece down and saw this, only thing I could see under there that looked like the thing posted above, then again it was dark out.

Thoughts?

IMAG0724.jpg

That would cause it to not light up right?

I was looking real close at all the lights on my car on break at work and they all appear to be lit, as to both filaments being lit if it has 2? I don't know. But I know they were all lit.

That would cause it to not light up right?

I was looking real close at all the lights on my car on break at work and they all appear to be lit, as to both filaments being lit if it has 2? I don't know. But I know they were all lit.

check with the lights on and the turn signal on too and see if its flashing

I have tried that, also with high beams on. I don't think I said this before but when I turn the blinker on with the headlights on it does light up brighter. Like there is the just normal on I guess what you would call parking lights, then when I try to turn it on it lights up brighter, but won't blink. So that would rule out the 2 filaments if there were 2 right?

Well after all the confusion it did turn out to be a bulb :roll::lol:

I closely looked at all the lights and the passenger rear I noticed the top bulb out. A swift tap on the lens and BAM! It started to blink. It must be about to go bad though. I will keep an eye on it.

After playing around cleaning my object markers, I've had problems with my bulbs not lighting up. Looked at my bulb and it was pretty crusty -so I took a wire brush to the contacts on the bulb and it seems to be happy now. You might have a bad socket though - a trivial task to replace one of them at best.

After playing around cleaning my object markers, I've had problems with my bulbs not lighting up. Looked at my bulb and it was pretty crusty -so I took a wire brush to the contacts on the bulb and it seems to be happy now. You might have a bad socket though - a trivial task to replace one of them at best.

I hope not, if it fails again I will replace the bulb. If it does it after that... I dont know lol

• 3 years later...

hi Im new here have the same problem I change turn signal switch but no luck this all started when headlights blew out driver side turn signal will not work But passenger side works also if turn on light left maker will not light think it a bad socket also changed bulb .