Any Interest In W-body Specific 3x00 Headers?

BXX

Im going to start on my headers this week sometime. Got some bends and i've had the flange forming tool for a while so I can start putting that all to good use.

Didn't know if anyone would be interested in headers for their car? Seeming nobody makes them, and even S&S is outta business and I don't recall if they made W-body headers.

Price dependent I may be interested in something.

Would these be cat-friendly, or are you making longtubes with a cat delete?

Also, I'm assuming a 3x00 is a 3x00 is a 3x00? As in, put them on my 3100 and a 3400 and if I decide to go 3500 top end, the flanges are the same?

Edited by white4d96

Also, I'm assuming a 3x00 is a 3x00 is a 3x00? As in, put them on my 3100 and a 3400 and if I decide to go 3500 top end, the flanges are the same?

x2 on all of this, what kinda price and compatibility are we looking at?

I think maybe Ben at WOT-TECH is making them.

They were pulled off the store because they are backed up on headers. The shop moved to Florida this spring right around the same time they got a load of orders. It will probably be a while before they get caught up and have them available again.

seeing as all 3x00 have the same exhaust port lay out. yes they will fit on any 3100, 3400, and 3500.

For me, it's all going to come down to price and modifications - not really interested in pounding in my firewall. I also have a feeling power and sound gains on a 3100 would be pretty minimal without a ported intake and high-flow cat.

it would make a difference have you looked at the tiny log GM put on these cars lol.

and you would need a cat converter any way because the stock DP will most likely not bolt up. and most modern cats flow pretty well they are not the old pellet style cats

One would most definitely want to have a custom DP, or custom all the way back because (at least on the 3100s) there is a restriction right after the exhaust flange that closes down to about an inch and a half before opening back up.

Not sure why it's there, but it most definitely has to choke these engines somewhat.

They will work on all 3x00s and use 16ga 1.625" tubing. They will have a DP which will be cat friendly, i.e. you willl need to have a cat welded on, or I can do that for another $100 (Magnaflow Metallic Spun, shouldn't trigger a P0420 Cat Efficiency code)

Price would be anywhere from $400-$800 depending on how much time I have in them, and how much I have in materials.

My TGP will be used as mockup for them and the downpipe. So no pounding the damn firewall. However, installation of LX5 Intrigue fans may be needed (they are low profile) The passenger side dogbone mount will need a spot cut out though, not hard one bit.

I suppose my best course of action is to use my 4T60e for mockup for clearance instead of the 284 as the auto takes up more room.

If someone really wants LQ1 headers, bring me a complete LQ1 so I can do a mockup. I would discount $100 of a set, but the LQ1 will be mine:lol:

If someone really wants LQ1 headers, bring me a complete LQ1 so I can do a mockup. I would discount $100 of a set, but the LQ1 will be mine:lol:

Wasn't Chris or someone basically giving away a couple LQ1's for pick-up? LQ1 headers would be sweet.

FWIW, My 3" Magnaflow high-metal cat passed Ontario emissions with flying colors! You don't necessarily need hi-flow, just a bigger one will flow better.

And one observation I've made after switching to headers on my 3800 is that you lose a little low-end torque, but get much much more high-end pull.

I had heard bad things about Magnaflow cats before, particularly the high-flow varieties. I suppose if a code pops I could always pull the non-fouler trick, or use an emulator. All they do here is the plug-in test, no visual or sniffer tests...

the only thing a o2 simulator/emulator should be used for is a post cat o2. And then all it does is keep the SES lamp from turning on by giving the computer what its looking for data-wise. Never use one in place of the upstream o2.