• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AMP

• 94 olds vert

• Luminator9c3

• Mater

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fixed... you know you can (you have the crate engine), you know you wanna too!

I honestly think that Chinese Matt is more interested in hoarding LQ1 crate engines than he is driving a Fiero with a sweet powertrain . . . . just sayin'.

Surprisingly I also feel that Chinese Matt is far more interested in eating Kraft Dinner than Fried Rice.

Low 20's on the highway in a lightweight 4-cyl car IS terrible. I had the 2.5 auto. The worst combination.

By hard to work on I was referring mostly to the engine bay. Even the 2.5 was put in there at an odd angle, I remember belts being a total pain.

Granted I did have an '85 model, and an early one at that. It was by no means a good car, and it was low miles. 90ish thousand. Not anything any highschooler in Minnesota should have been driving. And yes I drove it in the winter.

My Fiero is extremely easy to work on.. Also always delivered 30mpg with mixed driving (I also had the 2.5/TH125 combo). They did tweak the 2.5 in 87 to add DIS, and redesigned the head and intake (and added like 8 whole horsepower :lol:)... But I know people with older Dukes that got close to the same mileage I did...The belts didn't get a spring tensioner until somewhere in the middle of the Fiero run, IIRC, so maybe that's why yours was such a pain...

Yeah the belts on the earlier Fieros are a pain, and so is the water pump. The TH125C also kills mileage like nothing else too... turning 3k with the duke on the highway is not a way to get good economy! :lol:

I had an '86 with the duke and the 5 speed, and I routinely got 35-40 on the highway, and could top 45 with careful driving. Once the old tired suspension was replaced, it handled pretty well really.

Wound up selling that car with 190k on the clock to a guy who planned on putting an L67 in from another car he had. Now I've got an '87 GT (see sig)... debating whether it will eventually get an LQ1 :biggrin:

Edited by spiderw31