• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AMP

• 94 olds vert

• Luminator9c3

• Mater

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am sure people have seen this one before but...

1987-oldsmobile-aerotech-concept-car-10.jpg

(Aerotech III)

I didn't see this until fairly recently, but the rear end of this car looks completely bad-ass.

154614.jpg

Indeed it does. You know I just can't even imagine what Oldsmobile would have to offer if it was still around. All the innovations brought to cars from them, and these wicked concepts from them, I looked up all Olds concept cars and I tell you, their old slogan "The escape machines... Escape from the ordinary" follows along with their design. GM made a big mistake letting Olds and Pontiac go...

So GM abandoned the Pro-Street model and left us with the disgrace the 1.5 Gens were to the Monte name? :roll: Here's an article on the Pro-Street 1995 Monte: http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/42647_1995_chevrolet_monte_carlo_v8/

Oh, and here's the LED Sled version of the 1995 Monte next to the Pro Street version. I think? a Lumina 1.5 gen concept is in far left background - might be an Impala, can't really see it though:

barret jackson 243.JPG?imgmax=800

barret jackson 244.JPG?imgmax=800

barret jackson 242.JPG?imgmax=800

Edited by ptcfast2
Whoops!

That makes me the 1%.

i would have to agree i would have even if it was fwd the Monte went fwd and they still sold.

Well... it would absolutely suck ass for hauling anything. With the drive wheels at the front of the car and not underneath the bed, the car would just be a novelty item and would have little functional purpose. The reason w-bodies like the Monte Carlo sell are because there is a market for entry-level FWD sports cars in America. If GM were to make an El Camino-ish car, it would make more sense to put it on a RWD platform like that of the G8 (or whatever new RWD platform they are going to use for the new Impala and Cadillac DTS).

Not to mention, front-wheel-drive is just weird and awkward in the first place. Although, I realize I'm totally on the wrong forum to be saying something like that :lol:

Edited by Luminator9c3

Well... it would absolutely suck ass for hauling anything. With the drive wheels at the front of the car and not underneath the bed, the car would just be a novelty item and would have little functional purpose. The reason w-bodies like the Monte Carlo sell are because there is a market for entry-level FWD sports cars in America. If GM were to make an El Camino-ish car, it would make more sense to put it on a RWD platform like that of the G8 (or whatever new RWD platform they are going to use for the new Impala and Cadillac DTS).

Not to mention, front-wheel-drive is just weird and awkward in the first place. Although, I realize I'm totally on the wrong forum to be saying something like that :lol:

well technically GM does produce a el camino called the Holden Ute which we dont have wish we did thou it would be cool.

well technically GM does produce a el camino called the Holden Ute which we dont have wish we did thou it would be cool.

I've seen those over here. Some converted to left hand side drive and others still original right hand drive.

I've seen those over here. Some converted to left hand side drive and others still original right hand drive.

I believe they sell them in the middle east and i know that the rwd Luminas (aka holden commodore or pontiac g8) are left hand drive.