• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GEN1Z34

• Breakdown

• Addicted to eaton

• AL

Yup yup! Valley High School class of 93..lol

You'll prolly see me around in one of my other toys a white 08 Hummer H3..

Got a couple shops.. I have a mini shop here in town and a couple more out on the farm in Saltsburg..

I have some other vehicles out there too.. Nothing too special tho..

Just wait!!

You went to Sweet Valley High???

I thought that fictional high school was in Cali. Pics don't work since I'm at work right now. So I'll just pretend to be mildly amused by what you've posted.

Wow, cool, WTF? Neat, how did you??? Excellent!!

Welcome aboard!!

Just wait!!

You went to Sweet Valley High???

I thought that fictional high school was in Cali. Pics don't work since I'm at work right now. So I'll just pretend to be mildly amused by what you've posted.

Wow, cool, WTF? Neat, how did you??? Excellent!!

Welcome aboard!!

Thanks! No not "sweet" Valley High.. Just Valley High School near Pittsburgh Pa..

nice looks good, welcome to the site

Thank you!

How much for a non-functional LQ1 engine that looks like yours that I can display in my living room??

Err eeh, ahh i don't know..lol

You sir, have taken the ball and run with it.

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you! Yes I am shooting for something a little different..

Oh snap. Welcome.

Never seen an LQ1 that looked this good... :thumbsup:

What numbers are you shooting for with this build?

Thank you! Well the plan is for ~ 325-350 or so to the road..

Not over the top, but more reliable power, if all goes well when finalized, I'll likely move on to another LQ1 build with even more power..:biggrin:

Ooooh, so very very pretty! I am envious!

And welcome to another Greater Pittsburgh area member!!! I'm in the Robinson/Kennedy Township Area, western part of Allegheny County.

twinturbo seems like a big waste of time and money, especially if all your shooting for is 350hp.

Not trying to hate, but the LQ1 is a huge boatanchor almost shoe-horned into our engine bays, and then you wanna strap 2 turbos to it and all the needed piping:think:

^^^

Don't worry about teh Bxx, he's just jealous of the LQWin that you have. :lol:

Yeah, real jealous:roll::lol:

And hey guys, that was an honest response from me for once. Seems like a huge hassle for little payoff IMHO.

twinturbo seems like a big waste of time and money, especially if all your shooting for is 350hp.

Not trying to hate, but the LQ1 is a huge boatanchor almost shoe-horned into our engine bays, and then you wanna strap 2 turbos to it and all the needed piping:think:

Well money is'nt the issue, it's more about time... 350+ to the road (~400+ crank) is what I'll be happy with, the whole car is heavy, so thinking they will ever be more than a nice ride is useless.. As far as I'm concerned having worked on l36, and l67 3800 I-II-III's there's your boat anchor.. No hate, just how I see it.. LQ1 is becomming rare but the tech is'nt.. Actually DOHC v6 and the 60* design still lives and replaced the 3800 in Camaro.. So I'd say the 90* 2-valve design is a dino.. Simply put, the LQ1 and it's lack of after market makes it a challange, 3800 after market as well as the other 90* v6's have a relatively strong after market.. Easy, and hum drum in my oppinion... Though I'm going from an 01 y87 Camaro to a vvt 3700 I5 (H3) with nearly 50hp more than the l36 and in stock l67 territory N/A I still like the 3800.. But I have a brand new set of l36 heads sitting on my bench and thier flow numbers are a joke compaired to that of the LQ1..:P

^^^

Don't worry about teh Bxx, he's just jealous of the LQWin that you have. :lol:

No worries and thanks..:biggrin:

ditto bxx is the resident asshole, but dont worry for some reason unknown to me you get used to it, and actually start to like him :lol:
I look forward to the possible debates..

This thread is epic and I will be looking forward to meeting you, check out the events section
Will do!:thumbsup:

Yeah, real jealous:roll::lol:

And hey guys, that was an honest response from me for once. Seems like a huge hassle for little payoff IMHO.

No hassle, just a love for that engine and cars..:D

what up!
Notta how you doin'? Edited by GEN1Z34

This is by far the nicest looking LQ1 block! Ever. Welcome to the forum.

Please continue to update. This is one cool project you have going. Way to take things to the next level.

Ooooh, so very very pretty! I am envious!

And welcome to another Greater Pittsburgh area member!!! I'm in the Robinson/Kennedy Township Area, western part of Allegheny County.

Sorry I missed your post..;( Thank you!

This is by far the nicest looking LQ1 block! Ever. Welcome to the forum.

Please continue to update. This is one cool project you have going. Way to take things to the next level.

Thank you! I hope to finish before some else does a TT LQ1.. I have seen a few single spools but never a TT yet.. :D