• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• White93z34

• BXX

• rich17

• jman093

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How would having coilovers differ from having a leaf in terms of what lateral links you can run?

The links are apparently longer and people are worried they won't have enough spring riding on the pad. There was definitely a slight increase in track width when I put them on my GTP, but it wasn't very much.

Edited by jman093

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone done this with using the 1996 Lumina 20mm rear sway bar & coil overs? Did you still need to shorten the inner bar? Am thinking of doing this to my TSTE in a few months.:think:

A different sway bar isn't going to change anything. The front one needs shortened if you use the adjsutable one front and rear like Matt did.

A different sway bar isn't going to change anything. The front one needs shortened if you use the adjsutable one front and rear like Matt did.

Chris did it. I'm just in the process of copying him :lol:

I need to cut one in half and go down to the steel yard to get the insert piece. I guess it does not really matter where or right in the middle? but it needs to be exactly 1.5" shorter on 2 of them right?

nevermind, I think I got this. I had good luck last time at this steel yard. I think they should have something tubular, if not I might have a solid round bar to use in there.

They guy that did the welding on mine had some 1/2 round stock that he used to strengthen the area where he welded. I came up with the 1.5in figure as it kept a fairly equal in/out amount of adjustment on the turnbuckle when adjusted exactly to where a stock one falls. We also opted to do it somewhat closer to the threaded end then the rubber end just to not melt the rubber bushing, but outside of that it does not matter.

When I put a 1996 Lumina rear sway bar on my 1989 TGP, it was about 2 inches to long and rubbed the insides of the rear struts. I didn't want to move the rear knuckles out too much because I still have the mono leaf on that car.