• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• white4d96

• White93z34

• Garrett Powered

• AL

I dont mean to hijack this thread but I'm looking at a TGP too... Its 2 hours away though and I just want some opinions of whether or not I should even waste my time. Overall the guy wants $1500 for it. He says the problems it has include a coolant leak (in the back of the motor), "it could use brakes", and an alignment.

Unlike most CL assholes, he was nice enough to send me a bunch of additional pictures along with a description of where the coolant leak is...

Rather than post all the pics here, heres the album they're in. http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/ScoobyDoo82/

Do you guys think its worth looking at or pass on it. I'm very uneasy about rarity of the parts and "special love" these things need.

The PM3 is the master cylinder pretty much... They are a very high tech design that has no back up if it fails... Basically if something happens, you dont have brakes and I am sure someone with a TGP can give more details

I just emailed him asking why he thinks it needs brake work. It it IS the PMIII, how can you even fix it if parts arent available, you just gotta run a basic master cylinder and convert everything?

the parts are out there, they are getting scarce though. a old abs scantool should be able to diagnose most things PMIII I know it was invaluable in getting mine working properly again.

My friend suggested there may be room to run dual MC's if you wanted to replace the PMIII system. That's what we were considering until we saw the TA fehl. Of course you could also convert to vacuum (I think) but this would be more custom =P

• 2 weeks later...

hey,just ran into your post here while looking at sometihing else,did you ever buy aTGP or still looking? I live in Mi(Lansing) and will be selling my 90 red TGP in a few monthes, maybe someone out there intresested, as for TODAY it is not running but over weekend will get it going again SeeYah

• 2 months later...

Congrats on the buy. Sucks that it was that rotted out though. I might have a shell for you if you are still looking I am starting to slowly strip a red 90 to save two other cars and I just live in Beloit, WI.