• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• white4d96

• White93z34

• Garrett Powered

• AL

With the rot and bad PMIII I would have to agree with Nunzi and say its only really worth parts. The PMIII issue could be just the relay, but more than likely its the pressure switch. A part that is no longer available, I found that out the hard way.

I know, me neither. I didn't get a chance to look at the rear bumper beam, but the rear wheelwells, spare well, and floorpan were all minty. Even the front subframe was cleaner than mine, although it was coated in oil which may have been the issue :lol:

Also, xlaces were in great shape save for mismatched center caps, no cracks in the louvers, rear buckets in good shape, wheel looked to be decent (it has a cover on it that is FUBAR'd but I think it's been on there awhile) and it had a SICK sounding exhaust.

Edited by white4d96

Also, when PMIII goes, does your power steering go as well? I was thinking that it's probably a hydroboost setup so if the power steering pump were not wrking for some reason that could be the issue...

never seen a hydroboost system for a w body. the topic came up at my buddy's shop I go to recently though. we were thinking a custom set up could be an option.

does not seem that odd to me, I'd bet the power steering lines are rusted out, and the PMIII is broken.

PMIII is electric-hydraulic, it uses a electric motor to pressurize the master with the brake fluid, a nitrogen filled accumulator helps store and apply that pressure when needed.

I know, me neither. I didn't get a chance to look at the rear bumper beam, but the rear wheelwells, spare well, and floorpan were all minty. Even the front subframe was cleaner than mine, although it was coated in oil which may have been the issue :lol:

Also, xlaces were in great shape save for mismatched center caps, no cracks in the louvers, rear buckets in good shape, wheel looked to be decent (it has a cover on it that is FUBAR'd but I think it's been on there awhile) and it had a SICK sounding exhaust.

With that kind of rust on the strut tower I bet the subframe mounts are bad or will be very soon. The ones on mine rotted out and there is no other rust anywhere on the car.

Okay. Pressure switch failure would cause the motor to run constantly?

A bad pressure switch will cause it to run constantly, or not at all i believe.

I may have to ask him if I can tinker around with it a bit before I commit. It would be awesome if a new battery and cleaned up grounds fixed everything (doubtful, but hey.)

Parts car:

DSCF8003-10.jpg

DSCF8004-9.jpg

DSCF8005-8.jpg

DSCF8006-8.jpg

DSCF8007-8.jpg

DSCF8008-6.jpg

DSCF8009-6.jpg

DSCF8011-4.jpg

DSCF8012-3.jpg

DSCF8013-3.jpg

DSCF8014-2.jpg

DSCF8015-3.jpg

DSCF8016-3.jpg

DSCF8017-3.jpg

DSCF8019-3.jpg

DSCF8020-3.jpg

I'm amazed that most of the car has little to no rust, less than my car even, but the trailing arm mounts are that fucked up.

Power steering has zero fluid in it. PMIII motor runs constantly. Motor runs amazing, exhaust sounds good, although I think it's because the mufflers are perforated. Driver's seat is butch, as is the door panel, but the rest is in decent shape. It has sunroof but I can't get the slider thingy back.

If there is interest in enough parts I would consider buying the car for parts; beyond that I think I'm going to pass.

WOW that thing has WAY more trailing arm mount rust than AMY had. You can be guaranteed that the quarter panels are also rotted away.

If you can get it for a couple hundred bucks I'd say buy it for powertrain / body kit / interior bits.

He's firm on price. He says he has someone that buys cars and parts them that offered him 600. Screw it.

Sad thing is, the rest of this car actually looks better than mine. Just the TA mounts are destroyed. Hell, even the bumper brace is better than mine.

OKAY, so here's the deal.

A lot of this car is still bearably decent, and a lot of the removable stuff could be savable. As such, IF there is enough interest I will buy the car and part it out. If I don't get much I can ask him about just pulling specific parts but I doubt he will go for that. I told him on Friday that I would let him know my decision by this Wednesday or Thursday, so if you guys need stuff, LET ME KNOW NOW!

-Crosslaces were amazing, 2 tires were at 80+%, 2 at 50-60%. Centercaps good but mismatched.

-Passenger AQ9 looked decent from what I saw, he mentioned the headrest adjust not working. I didn't play with it.

-Motor runs SMOOTH. Very nice.

-back seats are MINT from what I could tell. As are both consoles.

-DIC was flipping, although that may be from battery being totally toast.

-When I took the car around the block the speedo read artificially high. HUD did not.

-HUD works great (I WANT ONE NOW)

-No radio.

-Tails looked good if memory serves.

-Had the two(?) handles in the car, and passenger side one worked. There is no installed handle on the driver's side.

-Trunk popper also worked.

-I will get pictures of the engine if enough interest is generated. It looked to be fairly stock to the airbox.

Let me know guys.