bourmanr

The wife has a 1997 Pontiac grand prix, when driving it home tonight and it started to jerk when going at a steady speed with the cruise set, now it does it when you slow down and speed up, and it will periodically just die, but then restart and go again for a few, when it restarts it spins over like normal, no battery drain like a alternator going bad. The check engine light does not come on on it either, however when the car dies the battery light and the low oil light come on and then go off, but i think that is normal (kinda like when you turn the key on the warning lights come on). What are some suggestions as to where to look for the problem on it. is it possible to be a sensor someplace that is going bad. She did run over the daughter bike and had the handle bars wedged between the fender, don't know how far it went into the car, but there isn't any sensors in that area is there that could have been knocked off just a bit? Thanks BOB

Thanks for all of the replies...NOT. By the way AL, the bike was on the passenger side, got the car back from the shop today, ignition module was bad in it, it actuall uit working all together, wouldnt even start, had to have a tow truck take it to the shop, cause i didnt want to just throw parts at it untill i got it fixed, Total bill with the tow was 375 bucks. Bob