TGP Z-34 STE

I take motor n tranny out of my 1991 Grand Prix STE 3.4 DOHC n manual tranny. I have few questions.. which better brand to buy ALT for my car. I dont want to do this stuff when alt burn out soon in future. so do this now before I put them together n put back in the car.

Edit... can I increase amp? good idea?

second question, about manual tranny.

I plan to put in new clutch n etc. lowest I can find cost is 350 bucks from OReilly. Other store cost 600 dollars! I will need advice on which better to buy with good brand the one can take from hard driver, I am hard driver.

Other thing, my clutch release lever (fork) is fine but the metal bracket that hold the fork is crack! wonder where can I find this part? seem I cant find anywhere to buy this part.

Since I am take motor out. I am going to put new Crank Sensor, oil pan gasket, top end gasket (include heads n etc). Anything to add I should put in new parts before I put it back in the car? How is oil pump? common worn out or never?

I forget to add one more thing. I wonder how to put tranny back on motor again. I have to take nut off fork so I can take tranny off. But I am wonder how can I put it back on? can I put fork/nut on but loose, when mated then tight up the nut on fork. will work? or other suggestion pls?

Edited by TGP Z-34 STE

clutch fork is slotted. You align the fork with the release bearing then re-install. It takes some patience to get right. No need to take the nut off

I get it about slotted on fork. I understand how it works now. I think I will have no problem put them back together.

I willing to spend 300 plus bucks on new clutch set. Where do I find them with spec stage 2-3?

Tmr I will pick up head gasket set, oil pan gasket, Crank Position Sensor and put them on motor tmr, I think I will be able to finish them all tomorrow. Since I will put new oil pan gasket, should I put in new oil pump as well? Should I upgrade oil pump more higher pressure?

I will check this forum again first thing in morning before I go to store to buy parts that I ordered. I really appericate for ur replied! Thanks guys!

Since the heads are coming off I would highly recommend new timing belt tensioners and timing belt while you are there, maybe a water pump too?

Yeah, I am plan on doing this too, that's for sure. What I am focus on rite now is where to buy spec stage 2-3 clutch? I am ready to buy rite now but I dunno which to buy from. Before I worry about timing belt/tensioners.

Since the heads are coming off I would highly recommend new timing belt tensioners and timing belt while you are there, maybe a water pump too?

520 bucks for that stage 2. OUCH! why those have to be expensive! ha I come from oreillys, they said cost for standard 350 dollars, performance 465 dollars, dont say what stage it is. I dont know what I should do or going to do now umm... thanks for give me this web site.