BOught a truck

18incholdz

yesterday i bought a 1998 chevrolet s10....it's red(the only way to go), extended cab w/ 3rd door, flareside box, has the mag wheels on it, and it has a 2200 sfi motor, standard....So i guess i'm done w/ the cutlass and i'm tryin' to sell it....I'm gonna miss my cutty cuz it was my first car, but i fell in love w/ this truck the first time i drove it :lol:

only a 2.2? o gees, you need to upgrade to the 4.3 vortec, stat

:lol: Exactly what I was thinking. Anyway, congrats on the purchase and get some ponies into that ride immediately.

it isnt THAT bad with a manual. It can sure kill half of the cars on this board! My dad has a '96 with the same powertrain, and has the 8 ft bed and the truck still moves nice.

BTW i didnt mention this before but that is a nice truck, i like the style of those newer s-10s and sonomas, i have a 92 sonoma with the 4.3 and that hauls ass, and my cousin had a 98 sonoma with the vortec 4.3, didnt get a chance to drive it but he had that truck lookin nice, bigger tires, chrome bumperguard, flared fenders, ventshades on the sides and covering the windshield wipers up front, tinted windows with cowskin seat covers, lol, that was a nice truck..

I like S10s nice trucks. I like the 4.3 better though with the 5 speed! my dad has a 95 vortec 5 speed it hauls. Cant take my car though. Atleast i dont think so. And i doubt he would race me anyway. I still love S10's with small blocks in them though :twisted:

I have an S-10 also. Had it for two months now. Got it for $400 + an 1982 S-10 (sold $90) and a bed cap (want to sell). Only problem is the syncro is going bad on 2nd gear so I try to skip 2nd whenever possible.

it isnt THAT bad with a manual. It can sure kill half of the cars on this board! My dad has a '96 with the same powertrain, and has the 8 ft bed and the truck still moves nice.

I raced a newer 2WD S10 5 speed with my Jeep. I embarrased it, and he even chirped the tires into 2nd. And my Jeep isn't exactly a rocket, probably slower than my Cutlass.

I really love those ZR2 S-10's. If I had the cash, I'd seriously consider one.
ya thats what my cousins was, ZR2 bigbody, he even had the chrome sticker on the back of the bed