Lumina doors?

92EuroScott

gonna have to be a custom build . i dont think any of the sedans came with factory door speakers. i think some of the lumina coupes did with the bose setup .

Yea, I've found threads of people talking about doing it, but no one posted any pics or anything. I guess when I get the chance to take off my panels i'll see if there is room for the speakers I want to put in. If I do I'll post pics for anyone else interested.

i have tried before and there is room if you use a custom pod. i think i tried to mount the speaker straight to the door and either the window hit ithe magnet or the regulater hit it. i cant remember . was trying to use a pod out of a blazers rear door but could never get it to look right plus i had to get rid of the little tray at the bottom of the door . i was also trying to mount 6.5" mids so u might be able to do it with smaller speakers . good luck hope u have better luck then me

you could always make a spacer out of a piece wood to go between the door and the speaker . but those might work they look alot shallower then the speakers i tried to mount

I put 6.5" speakers in the doors of my 93 Lumina sedan i had. I never did take any pictures though. There is tons of room in there. Just cut out a hole in the metal of the inner door skin. Then cut a hole in the panel and mount the speaker grills onto it. I just used a regular set of 6.5s not shallow mount. This will only work if you have power windows, roll windows and you won't be able to fit them becasue thats where the crank goes.

Well I tore my panels off earlier today, and found a hole big enough that I could mount them in the hole. I stopped there because I don't have something to cut the door panel with, but window down and everything, I had plenty of room. Once I get something to cut it up with I'll finish it, and post pics.

So for anyone interested, here are the pictures of the hole I found in the door. Once I get a set of 4x6's in my dash I am gonna finish putting these in the doors.

100_0200.jpg

speaker in the hole, although it will be mounted on the door, not the hole.

100_0201.jpg

100_0202.jpg

Yea, as soon as my 4x6's get here I'm gonna mount those on the door panel, I realize its not the best way to do it, but it'll work for now. I do have the covers for those JVC's so it won't look stupid. I guess I'll start updating this one since the other got locked, I'm looking into a new HU. Another JVC. I currently have this one http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_27049_JVC-KD-R418.html , but am thinking of upgrading when the money comes around, to this http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Website/JVC-KD-R810-CAR-CD-MP3-RECEIVER-w-BLUETOOTHDUAL-USB-IN/KDR810---TS1223.aspx . Has front, rear, and sub out, and also has dual usbs with ipod control, my current one has no support for ipods, and only has rear/sub switchable out.

you actually could get a lumina sedan with bose door speakers, just extremely hard to find though.

i saw one at a yard once

So I'm thinking about picking up another set of these JVC's for the rear doors as well. Not 100% sure if I will or not, I just like how these came out.

• 2 weeks later...

Most audio installers will agree that a rear stage is the least of your concerns... I have a 1997 Lumina and I fit 6.5 "2 way components" in the front doors with no modification but could only use 3 of the 4 screws but no rattles and the door panels fit... I put the tweeter in the door sail.. its not the best spot but was sufficient and quick.. the rears I went with very cheap 6X9 3ways and tied them together with a Hifonics ZXi80.4 then ditched any chance of a trunk with a home built custom ported box with (2) 12" kicker comps 4 ohm running 2 ohm with a Hifonics BRZ1200.1D... I am still working on cleaning up the install but including all wiring, supply's and equipment I am still under $500

total and it sounds great.... but then my engine started to knock..post-6162-143689074533_thumb.jpg

post-6162-143689074519_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I've got a crappy one on my phone. They are in the same spot as the 6"s i had in the doors, I just thought the motor/magnet was too big to fit. I'll get some good pictures after school tomorrow. I'm also going to put them on an amp now as well.

So I've been tied up with school, so I haven't gotten pictures yet. I also ordered a second set of tweeters for the front doors. http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Speakers,Car-Speakers/2%29-QUANTUM-AUDIO-1-SWIVEL-DOME-CAR-TWEETERS-CROSSOVERS/QS2TW.aspx They were on sale last friday for $5 and i was wanting a pair anyways, so I had to order some. I promise pics once these are here and installed as well, which should be friday. Next will be some 6x9s for the rear deck.

So my tweets still arn't here, but I took the JVCs I had in the front doors and put them in the back since my components are up front. I'll go snap some pictures now.

Pics

Front doors

100_0214.jpg

100_0215.jpg

Rears

100_0216.jpg

100_0217.jpg

Edited by 92EuroScott
Added pics