power window follies

monteheadache

Hey all im new around here due to the fact im working on a 97 monte carlo ls with a typical bum drivers side window. The symptoms were driver window would roll down slow, and roll up if you pulled it up. So i drilled out the rivets and changed the motor and the result was a fast down, but it wont go up at all. I cleaned the contacts inside the switch but that did no good. I even tried to jump wires E&H yellow 12v feed and dark blue D window up but that causes a pretty high draw causing the breaker to trip.

I have tried a junk yard master switch which worked better in general but didnt raise the driver window. I have lubed the tracks and the regulator didn't feel tight when i had the motor off and free wheeled it. I have even jumperd the RAP from the kick panel ruling out a short. So my thoughts are if i cant even jumper it up how can the switch function properly?

the window will rise and fall with good speed by connecting it to a 12v battery. Could I have a ground problem (even though the whole door is a ground) but the bolts may not contact as well as the rivets. Any one lend me some paths to continue on?

also what does the torx screw on the motor adjust?

figured it out anyways a combination scuffing up the connection of the regulator and the motor, pulling the whole harness and disassembling connectors and scuffing them. Then a final clean of the master switch contacts allowed both windows to go up with ease and noticeably faster than before. Express down works flawlessly..... so once again excess resistance and dirty contacts can ruin fused/breaker circuit fast. Well I just wanted to tell you all to help anyone else out who might have a similar problem