• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BXX

• jake91

• GOT2B GM

• urbex

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not entirely sure you know enough to make it structurally sound when it's done. Not trying to insult, but it's true.

Bwahahahahaha!!!!!

Thanks for your concern noob:thumbsup:

I've seen your posts bob/bxx evans. I've seen the "knowledge" you spew and spout. I stand by my statement. That said, not here to argue with you, and wish you luck with it.

I've seen your posts bob/bxx evans. I've seen the "knowledge" you spew and spout. I stand by my statement. That said, not here to argue with you, and wish you luck with it.

Cause im apparently a fuckin moron:think::think:

Um, so with that logic then, a convertible must have NO structural integrity....:roll:

Shit Bob...you better be careful then because if you roll either of your cars you're screwed!!!! :roll:

Edited by urbex

well if you roll a vert you basicly are screwed even if its factory that top isnt meant to support anything the structural ridgity comes from extra bracing in the floor trunk frame ect.

I say targa.

And IMO I think 6-points in the cage should be enough: A-pillar to front towers, b-pillar, rear pillar to rear towers. I would use a halo bar, but that's just me.

And you effin' better put up pics of this shit!

Um, so with that logic then, a convertible must have NO structural integrity....:roll::roll:

I vert does not have much if you roll it. But a vert also has doors/rockers/undercarage designed to not have a top a.k.a beefed up

if bob didnt know what he was doing, then how come he has made performance supesnion parts for many people and not have anyone take out a lawsuit on him?

bob, DO ET!!!!

Thats the thing, the rockers are getting reinforced regardless, along with a 8-point cage (no halo bars)

So yeah, im not worried.:thumbsup:

I'm curious to see how you make the cage work without a halo. I've never seen a cage like that although I haven't particularly looked.

I'm also curious to see your planned rocker reinforcements, but that's because I want some :lol:

if bob didnt know what he was doing, then how come he has made performance supesnion parts for many people and not have anyone take out a lawsuit on him?

bob, DO ET!!!!

Im not saying he cant do it. I was just stateing to that person that the vert is re-inforced for the vert top.

Was going to vote for the Vert, because a targa top sounded completely george of the jungle to me, but when I found out it's just a hard top vert, it sounds 100x easier than a vert (Well if you wanted a vert with a top at least) Voted targa!

Edited by Timm
subscribed

Well if I went vert, that would require a full parts car. And of course I couldnt roll cage it at that point cause it would look retarded:lol:

Not to mention, I have one vert that leaks like crazy, I dont think I need another:lol::lol::lol:

Not to sound like a broken record (or an ass) but how are you planning on doing a cage without a halo bar? Are you just going to extend the pillar bars to meet at the main hoop? I'm just curious to see different ways of designing cages. I've toyed with the idea of a 4-point in my car but don't think I have the balls to do it :lol:

• 1 month later...

I havent messed with any body work yet. Im in the process of getting the rest of what I need for the suspension and to get it rolling again.

Body work wont happen until sometime this winter.

And right now, its 75% it's getting fixed with a non-sunroof panel, 25% targa top mainly because sourcing latches that will work and everything else can exceed the cost of a new roof panel from GM.