Opinions please...

Intlcutlass

Broke down the motor last night, and in 4 of the cylinders the crosshatches are Fair-good, but in the other 2 the is a wear line in each of the other 2. Should I hone it and get the total gapless rings for it or, have it bored .03 over , yadda yadda yadda.

I really didn't want to replace the pistons because of how hard and expensive it would be to find the right ones. ( you can't use standard 3.1 pistons in this motor).Thats why i'm looking for everyones opinion.

No matter what though, I am going to replace the cam and the lifters.

I have already bought the comp cam roller rocker arms ( the $109.00 set)

If anyone is interested, there is a 2.8 grand prix with a hm-282 in it at Pearl auto wrecking in Cleveland, i think the motor is good but the trans needs work. Just an FYI for anyone interested.

I really didn't want to replace the pistons because of how hard and expensive it would be to find the right ones.

Nothing hard about it! I got the right pistons for about $130 for a set. Let me know if you need info.

Chris

Yea...I want to know....where do I find pistons for a 3.1 turbo motor for $130.00???

It does look as if i need to go that route, #6 cylinder has hardly any crosshatches.

Not a bad price for forged.

Here are the pistons. This is the Mahle part number, which your machine shop should be able to use to order.

02726-xx

replace -xx with

-00 Standard

-01 .50mm over

-02 .75mm over

-03 1.0mm over

Sorry it took so long, been very busy with things of much importance