96 CS Headlights

mhildebrand

Im wondering whats the best brand to go with on the headlights? I replaced my drivers side dim about a year ago, and the other night it was burned out. I checked the wires on it, looked good, slammed the hood and it flashed on. I hit the light two times and it came on and has stayed on. The other four bulbs have never been replaced in the five years of owning the car.

So what is the best brand that you guys have found that last?

Oh, and i gotta say, i love the 3100 alternator mount location. had to change it this past weekend after it went out in the middle of an intersection. Only took about 10 min to pull, 10 min to drop new one in.

When I had my '96 Cutlass I just used whatever replacement was available at Autozone. You do have the option of pulling the bulb out of the housing and maybe putting in an HID kit or possibly even HIR lighting and just sealing the bead with some silicon.

I've replaced low beam bulb units with used junkyard high beam bulb units.... going for OEM Guide headlights all the way... and if a bulb went bad a new bulb would be siliconed in it's place.

If you don't want to go the way of HID replacement bulbs and would rather stay with your miniquads than I would recommend Sylvania Xtravision over any thing else. Just my opinion for what its worth