Forget a few important things I need..please help! Thanks.

SSEiyah93

Ok so I havent been on here in FOREVER..lost my old 89 TGP in a flood but now have a 90 TGP with 50k miles. It IS perfect and an absolute time capsule..was for sale on ebay last year. Anyway, it does need a few things..mainly a tune-up cause it's been driven so LITTLE in its life..lol But also the cat is plugged and shot and I need to cut that off and it's wet outside so can anyone give me the original diameter exhaust tubing GM used? Just need to know what size of pipe to get, just deleting it out for now till I can afford custom exhaust. The other main thing is I forget what type of K&N cone I got for the last one..it worked great though and it was smaller and had to be special ordered. Stuck right to the turbo, what kind of K&N cones are you guys using? Part numbers? Not looking for others, only K&N. Will most definitely upload pics if we ever get a few days without rain in PA.. :thumbsup:

Thank you thank you thank you! And I'm not positive if its plugged but somethin is definitely goofy with it.. We shall find out :dance: And missed ya too nick! :D

I definitely will take some as soon as u get it all detailed again..wanna make an album of all my cars past and present..right now its the grand prix and my 96 park avenue ultra :-) But sadly it'll be JUST the turbo soon..gotta sell the Buick to have money to put into the turbo :-(

Oh and see the problem with the pics is that apparently the Pittsburgh area is in running for the rainiest city in America..we never even have a FULL of sun and nice weather :-( Usually about 8-16 hrs of it being nice then rain or storms or something so literally an hour or two after I wash the cars they're ruined and I never get a photo op :-(

• 2 months later...

Not sure on the exhaust, but I have a K&N from my 90 TGP i can sell you for a fair price, I made a custom set-up so the rubber doesn't melt on the turbo. I can send pics, just needs to be cleaned and re-oiled. Chrome end cap has a couple very small specs of rust, might be able to polish out. My p/n on mine is F031F6, I think it has been discontinued but the id is a little bigger than the turbo so I could make sure it didn't melt like 2 others I went through.

wow they shouldn't be melting.... are you sure you didn't have a boost leak and overboost condition? the compressor side should not get that hot. there are many possibilities why it would, none of them are ideal situations.