Premature pad wear

GaPrix

Driverside rear pads were really worn out, compared to the rest of the pads all near 90% life. The inner pad was gone grinding on the rotor, the outer wasnt even squealing yet. What would cause that? The piston wasnt seized, however the parking brake line was missing the spring that the passenger side has, I think it was the parking brake line.

I've had where the cable is "stuck" and holding the park brake on just enough to cause more wear on rear pads. When you have the wheel off, you can take a small prybar and pry against the cable lever to see if it moves at all (towards the cable side). If it does, then it was "on".

On my Lumina the part that secures the pad to the caliper is broke, so the drivers side pad rubs onto the rotor.... It's wearing it down faster, and causing more brake dust, but I want new pads and rotors anyways....

It's like a little tab that's broke...not sure if that could be your problem or not though.

Thanks. I checked the parking cable, I did the adjustment like the manual said, I'm assuming Crazy you mean those metal inserts/clips/tabs that seats them in, seemed to be normal. And I re-greased everything. Fresh rotors and pads, I didn't hear anything abnormal and braking was completely smooth for the very first time.