Psych0matt

Beefaroni?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Beefaroni?

• silver
    • medium silver
    • gunmetal
    • black

So I started cleaning up the 18"s because they need a little help. I started on the worst one, and it's not nearly as bad as I thought. Point being, I am going to paint them no matter what. I want your guys opinion on what color I should go with. I'm thinking bright silver (basically stock/normal), slightly darker silver, gunmetal, or black.

here are das wheels:

fef36254.jpg

Edited by Psych0matt

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Psych0matt

• urbex

• Twenty

• 94 olds vert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

black only if you leave the rim silver. All black makes the car too... uninteresting? I don't know, it would be like black overload. Other than that I vote staying with silver.

black only if you leave the rim silver. All black makes the car too... uninteresting? I don't know, it would be like black overload. Other than that I vote staying with silver.

My main opposition to that is that it doesn't really have a lip :dunno: Otherwise that's probably exactly what I'd do without thinking.

My main opposition to that is that it doesn't really have a lip :dunno: Otherwise that's probably exactly what I'd do without thinking.

Also true. I guess you'd have to be real careful and make kind of a faux lip.

I say get rid of the damn things:lol:

Matt, if we test fit my new rims on your car, you'll be fapping for days and want a set. Those Infiniti rims are just too plain for a GTP.

first one filled, sanded, and ready for primer. Gonna do this one first and see if there needs to be any changes in my approach. This one is by far the worst, the rest mostly just have a little bit of rash on the lip and a nick here or there. Ive seen some DIY writeups use bondo, but I used an actual metal filler. Pretty sure it'll hold up better, it just takes a bit longer to sand

df49c3d3.jpg

d14813a5.jpg

8c75243d.jpg

a9caa89f.jpg

a54bfb56.jpg

Edited by Psych0matt

I got the "Graphite" color paint at good ol AZ, should look this color when done:

diysantamonicarepair024.jpg

have you used it before? I have it, but it's too "sparkly" for my taste, especially the clearcoat...just FYI if you weren't aware.

Yeah, I think I'll like it :thumbsup: If not, at least I already smoothed everything out, a repaing is easier than filling. I'm just doing one first to see how it turns out