Psych0matt

Beefaroni?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Beefaroni?

• silver
    • medium silver
    • gunmetal
    • black

hmmm, agreed. But not on an early 90s fwd GM :lol: I like them, but not quite my style. I have to coats of primer on, and it kinda makes me want to do them flat...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Psych0matt

• urbex

• Twenty

• 94 olds vert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Non-Chinese Matt,

I'm going to be 100% honest here.

I voted gunmetal. I like Chinese Matt's idea of bronze a lot, it won't show well in pictures, but will in person!

What I find interesting is this. You have people like BXX trying to jam ideas down your throat and you're resisting it, that's not for me, not my style. Earlier, you had people elevating the x-laces and you said no to that.

Why care what the rest of us think?? Seriously? I think that Chinese Matt has added the most to this Pepsi (Gunmetal) vs. Coke (Silver) thread, he came up with an idea that you either didn't think of yourself or probably excluded when it may have deserved more thought. I like his idea, as for how you want to finish the rims. Look at Wheels' picture and elect which one YOU like better if you don't like Chinese Matt's idea. It's your car at the end of the day . . . .unless you're selling it to BGA of course.

Nah, I like the suggestions and ideas, and Wheels' picture didn't really help much, doesn't look different hardly (though I appreciate the effort). I'll do what I think looks the best and fits my tastes. I like things simple, sleek, and somewhat plain :dunno: I don't mind the crosslaces, but they're too played out, too small, and just kinda look old. I'm going to do the graphite on this wheel and see how it turns out, and if I don't like it, I can sand it and start over, right?

Point being, I want the input, but at the same time at the end of the day it's my car, and I'll do what I want to it. Now of course if I said I'm going to paint them bright pink I'd expect to be flamed, but like you said, why care what you guys think? Really, I do to an extent, but only as far as it helps me make up my own mind to do what I want as an individual.

Are you planning on getting new tires or what? I thought it would have been easier to have the tires taken off before painting the rim.

Looks like the primer came out well, I don't see any of the imperfections.

Definitely new tires. See the line in it? That's a cut! :lol: I tried taking the tire off but meh. There a few very minor imperfections but nothing to start over about.

Yeah, I think I'll like it :thumbsup: If not, at least I already smoothed everything out, a repaing is easier than filling. I'm just doing one first to see how it turns out

cool :thumbsup:

actually, I lied. It is kinda rough :thinking: I like how the color looks a lot though! Im gonna see tomorrow if I should wetsand it a little, or just clear right over.

4 coats of clear just went on. Gonna let them dry for the remainder of the day. Would I be safe to wetsand/buff tonight, or should I wait a day for full cure?

Matt, you should wait 12 hours to a day depending on conditions before wet sanding or buffing. The longer you let it sit the harder the clear will become and lessens the change of cutting through the clear coat.

Can't wait to see some pictures with the clear coat on. I bet they look great.

They look like shit!

APRIL FOOLS!

Oh wait...that's not until tomorrow? :roll:

Ha ha, but no, in all honesty I really like how they turned out!!!!:thumbsup: Personally, I like them better than the crosslaces you had on there.