• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• white4d96

• RobertISaar

• Jonpro03

• BXX

I tuned in expecting a 250 hp small port build, now its just another 3500:( lol j/k

Good call on the 3500! if you want to keep it simple just use your 3100 injetors on a stock tune, I did this with my 3500 that was in my Alero though it was most likely holding back some power. It would be a good idea to use the 2000+ fpr to bump the fuel pressure up 10psi or start with at least 3400 injectors.

Plenum: I would use a 3100 large port plenum to keep things simple, but you will need to buy or make an EGR adaptor.

Exhaust: if your going to get in to a custom down pipe just use the 3500 mainifolds they usally come with the engine from the wreckers. the front manifold just clears the pass. side mount with out cutting and on my lumina their is lots of room before the fans but I don't know about clearance on a 96. Then make up a cross over pipe with a Y at the rear manifold or just before the cat!:D

small port 3100 injetors when rat at the 2000+ FPR pressure are more or less equal to the 2000+ 3x00 injectors at the 2000+ PSI.

quick tip ^^

Will the stock 2" catback be okay behind a 3500?

Reason I'm asking is that I have to replace like 2 feet right after the cat, and I was planning on putting in a glasspack as a resonator. If 2" will be okay I'll just use a 2" one, but if not I may put a 2 1/4" one in instead and then replace the rest of the exhaust when I do the downpipe and whatnot.

Oh God no.

The last NA car that got turbo'd in my family has sat in the garage for 5 years with a cracked block. If I'm doing anything it will be something that I CAN'T add "just 2 more psi" "just 4 more psi" "just 15 more psi"

Not to mention I would do the porting myself, intake, exhaust, sure I could do the cam for under $1k. Turbo? $3k plus, especially considering i would HAVE to get custom mani's then.

If I wanted a boosted build I would get a tgp or go L67. I want to stay NA on this one.

Chances are I will probably just leave the motor stock, I don't need much more than that. Besides, I have to pay for 282 swap parts as well.

what's that? 282'd 3500 turbo GP?

of course it's a good idea, WTF are you waiting for?

and you realize it's ALMOST cheaper to go turbo 3500 than go L67?

I'llk just stick with a stock 3500 for now. FWI and exhaust, leave it at that. If I'm that disappointed with it I'll step it up.

RIght now I'm trying to squirrel money away for suspension, tires, audio, 282 parts and this swap so I can't go hogwild on any one thing.

If your going to buld it, just do it now. I built mine a while back, and im already ready to change it, which means pulling the motor again etc etc. Just built it once and be done. IMHO

well, dead stock 3500: GREAT for replacing a 3x00 for whatever reason, gets more than reasonable fuel economy, has the classic 660 sex exhaust note, reliable, low-milage

trubo: FFFFFWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ PAH! it's just too fun not to.

N/A badassery: normal 660 sex noises X ~1269.69, Dave did a damn good job making his 3500 sound like a SBC with a Thumpr cam.... pulled a flat 13 in a 5 speed Z24 too, and he gets HIGH 20, low 30s MPG on the highway with it. now that motor is making it's way into his 3rd gen Camaro for more ET goodness.