• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kuntzie

• stockgp

• Mach 5

• Euro

Top Posters In This Topic

update: clutch and head shot

finially uping to arp's and mls gaskets, getting the block ready for when my heads arrive all cleaned up. also some pure sex shots of the new clutch setup, this is a triple disc tilton clutch that will literally handle anything.

the clutch is obiously custom and is the first pull to push conversion, it will work with the 6-speed and the getrag 284 (same slpine count and using the 6-speed parts)

IMG_1624.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

IMG_1634.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

IMG_1630.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

stock axles, with turbo lag i wont have issues

the case will have 4 reinforcements, it will hopefully hold up

i plan on driving it around at the same hp level at the end oflast year (600whp+) and should be a problem at 15-16psi, 22psi should get the 700whp and there is plans for some runs on the dyno at 28-29 for some big time numbers

good luck! Id like to see a pic of them tranny braces when its done. axles for the 2nd gen or them 1st gen ones? I remember you were having issues on the old car with the axles and you got new stronger ones didnt know where you got them

140 trap is pretty damn quick! I think that with fwd its pointless to go for quarter mile times as I cant see it hooking up at all. Is that the old flywheel? did you disintegrate the friction plate?

its using 6-speed parts as they ar recent, ie release bearing, and some sc fiero guys enjoy the 6-speed (f40). so the clutch setup wabeing implemented for both

the 284 just seems to hold, ive talked to getrag before and they informed me the trans was originally developed for 400 +whp stock but the cutch options wernt there to hold the power at the time.

they never had anyone actually break one that they heard of for their rebulds, usually just 2-3 syncros due to lack of manual tranmission skills.

Edited by kuntzie

well, very nice work. and thanks for sharing with us. couple more ?s. who built your clutch, and what materials were used? what holden is using a 3800? also, is that from a fwd car? that setup looks pretty tall to fit under your hood.

its from a rwd holden commodore, the height is 100% the same as an l36 intake,the lower is just a much larger unit. will next anice gain with he long runners. the TB will also be comming out the front.

the clutch is made by bully and its a tilton disc set. the material is Sintered Metallicand look like the pic below (yes 3 discs) i havent recieved the clutch yet, they are just finishing up on the release bearing mounting.

F14604151.jpg

Edited by kuntzie

the intake should gain about 20whp on the same turbo setup, i havent used a stock TB in a long time, the inlet is going to be modified to fit a ported ls1 (90mm) i was running a stock ls1 (80mm) throttle body on the setup last year.

ill be using a radiator designed for a 00 dodge caravan, the inlet and outlet will be on the same side (passenger) which will completely free up my drivers side for the turbo going in here that will rock your world haha.

• 2 months later...

tilton 1.44" high release bearing for the most clearance i could make.

new flywheel to accomidate that weighs under 10lbs, the clutch pedal travel is only about 3/8", its like an on /off switch.

the clutch is steped and the back side is rounded,

the guys from tiltion (where the clutch and release bearing are from) are excited about my build and want pictures of the installiation and such.

i had to get a centric sleve for the release bearing to sit on the input shaft, and the braided clutch lines, that will both be done tomorrow and then the assembly will begin this week, i hope to have the engine in by the end of the week.

photo5.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo1-2.jpg