• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kuntzie

• stockgp

• Mach 5

• Euro

Top Posters In This Topic

GOLD!

clutch on, flywheel on, release bearing ready for my braided lines to come in, safe to say im the only 284 with a push style clutch,

look how tight those clearances are in there! so much measuring and number crunching to make it all fit,

rundown:

custom made flywheel locally, tilton triple disc clutchs in sintered metallic, tiltion 1.44" height 8000 series slave cylinder (459$ :S) -3AN fittings and stainless braided teflon lines, the master is stock with a braised -3 fitting on it aswell so no plastic or rubber lines

also, this trans has under 55k miles on it, so clean!

photo1-4.jpg

photo2-3.jpg

photo1-3.jpg

photo2-2.jpg

photo4-2.jpg

photo5-1.jpg

photo3-2.jpg

got my spacer for between the engine and trans, 3/8" thick, the axles were already 1/2" longer then then "stock" last year as my axle geometry can be pretty nuts, so this year ill be ruiing the hybrid passenger one and a stock length drivers axle, will be perfect.

photo1-6.jpg

also did some cosmetics..

cleaned up all my wiring, everyting is spereated, powers, rca's speaker wire, and the air ride stuff. you can see the power wire (1/0 ga) running down the drivers side

photo2-5.jpg

photo3-3.jpg

also, you cant be a cool turbo build without some ubber clean interior... charcoal carpet.. was a late night, sorry about crap pic

photo5-2.jpg

and seats.. i had the 04 cloth in there last year but accumulated 2 sets of leathers in the last month, im taking the best of each set and putting them in my car, removing the air bags, power portions, ect to lighten them up a little and then selling the other remaining seats.

photo2-6.jpg

the parts on the seats are for a turbo install i am doing for a customer., just got them back from the powder coater.

update again

intermediate shaft to engine block mount, triangulated, this will be excellent.

photo1-8.jpg

photo5-3.jpg

photo3-4.jpg

photo4-4.jpg

ready for powder

photo1-10.jpg

the trans mount is wraped around the subframe in a U shape, hes a few more pics.

photo3-5.jpg

photo4-5.jpg

clutch slave lines ran, you can see the gromet for the one line, the other will be going through the inspecton cover which is made of rubber aswell

photo5-4.jpg

photo1-9.jpg

photo2-8.jpg

i made this bracket to keep the release bearing from spinnig on the base, on the top ill be using a P clup to keep the braided line down thats why its not tightened yet.

photo3-6.jpg

engine and trans will be bolted onto the subframe tomorrow and may get put in the car if i get the chance.

just saw your pm,

it will take 450wtq all day long forsure. and oil filter adapters are easy, i have a spare i could sell even..

btw i can lift that block with the pistosn and everything in it.

just saw your pm,

it will take 450wtq all day long forsure. and oil filter adapters are easy, i have a spare i could sell even..

btw i can lift that block with the pistosn and everything in it.

Funny how easy they are, yet when I had multiple ongoing threads about it before I sold my 282, nobody had a straight or clear cut answer including you.

umm... im pretty sure i posted a how to that my buddy did...

Yeah and it hardly looked easy to do. I guess if you're desperate to run a manual and a 3800, it can be done, but that's a different story.

the hole i drilled is only 1/2", theres many holes mush lager that were already on the case... and as mentioned before i didnt have the engine to trans bracket last year...

Another update

powdered engine to trans bracket on same day (friday) so i got it done with the colour my buddy was working with so i could get it back right away.

photo1-11.jpg

engine and trans together with all lines ran and spacer installed

photo1-12.jpg

photo2-11.jpg

on the subframe.

photo2-10.jpg

photo3-7.jpg

photo4-6.jpg

photo5-5.jpg

• 1 month later...

a bunch of udates in a row hee i forgot to post here

the turbo i am going with is a turbonetics t76 Billet, ball bearing t4 divided housing, 1.3ar, with a soundperformance spool valvebuy, this will be the cats ass

as for progress, was very busy, and had some more modifactions before installing.

the holden intake uses a different tensioner and the power steering downt have a resovoir so there was no room for the stock PS pump and resovoir.

photo3-10.jpg

i searched long and hard for a remote resovior from a gm, to keep as many GM partss as possible on the car, i found this

photo4-8.jpg

this is a power steering resovoir from a chev optra, PERFECT!

lower intake manifold..

photo1-14.jpg

new hood, motors in, ready for the custom CT turbo kit now

i transporterd the hood abut 100 miles on the roof of my monte, yay for carbon fiber

photo3-13.jpg

photo2-16.jpg

photo1-17.jpg

photo4-10.jpg

photo3-12.jpg

photo2-15.jpg

photo1-16.jpg

and ye im still low :)

photo4-9.jpg

holden :)

was just test fitting once again, for height and clearances with the hood, no issues.

the upper intake is going to be modified to fit a 90mm ls1 TB, the holden stock tb neck will be cut off and the tb will flare out into a rectangle on the side of the uper intake to keep the same area as the 90mm TB, no bottle necking then for optimal flow.

im going o be reinstalling the wire harness, mounting the Power steering resovoir, and cleaning up the engine bay tomorrow. i also have to cange the valve covers around.

you can see how much free room the drive side has for the turbo kit now, can fit a 3.5" downpipe in with no problems it appears.

i will be running stainless braided fuel lines in the car aswell, was getting the measurements with the intake and fuel rail in aswell.

its been a fairly long proces but its finally getting there

more pics tomorrow

photo-49.jpg