Another adding keyless entry question

96grandprix

96 GP, no keyless entry from factory. is the harness for the module in cars that didnt come with it from the factory? if not, where can u splice in a stock module?

I know I don't have a gp, but In my lumina when I was first installing factory keyless entry, where the RKE would rest between the rear speakers there wasn't a harness for direct plug and play. I just tapped the wires I needed and put the RKE under the steering column, behind the drivers kick panel.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I have a question.... I had a keyless entry system installed on my Lumina from Ziebart about 5 years ago... Is it possible to program a factory fob so I can use that instead of the one I got from Ziebart? I'm just wondering since one of the fobs I have is about to break in half, and the other one has a dead battery... I like the looks of the factory fob, but wondered if it's even possible to use those instead.

Anyone have any ideas?

Put a good battery in the good remote... Probably a 2032 battery... I think you would have to find a factory keyless entry module and install it and then program the keys to make it work... You could probably get a new aftermarket remote from that company programmed pretty cheaply

Yeah, I'll probably just end up replacing the battery in the one for a few bucks. I don't really need 2 remotes since the other set is a spare set. I just didn't know if there's much work to get the factory fob since I like the looks of that....but like I said, if it's much work I won't bother.

Thanks!:thumbsup: