New guy in FLorida

carguy

Hello from Florida! I just picked up a 1992 Cutlass Supreme convertible as a 3rd car now that my daughter is driving. Seems like a neat little car and I was tempted to buy one years ago but couldn't justify a 4 seater.

Looks like you have a great site here! Lots of help and how-to articles. My car needs some work and parts so you should see me lurking around digging up the information I need to get the ragtop whipped into shape.

Here she is:

IMG_2778.jpg

In central Florida - Ocala. I'm a transplant from Chicago. I sure don't miss the snow!

Yeah I bet you don't miss the 22+ inches we have now! Welcome to the site

Looks like the perfect Florida car, especially with that blue color :thumbsup:

How many miles are on it? I lived in Jacksonville for several years but I'm living in Memphis now. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome.

Here's a few things to get you started:

Step 1: Find your local junkyard now.

Step 2: Set a budget for repairs..then ignore it.

Step 3: Keep it clean, drop the top and have fun.

Welcome, this is a great group of guys, very helpful. I just bought my 93 vert from Sarasota, Florida, had it shipped to the great desert of Oregon. Heck, when I was much younger, I lived in St. Pete.

Thanks for all the encouragement! I'm already looking for parts and plan to hit the local yards this weekend if I can. This poor thing has 200k on it but the 3.1 (yeah. sorry.) and trans seem real strong so I am guessing they were serviced at some point. Top was originally black so someone along the line threw money at it. Unfortunately the interior has that 200K mile feel. Nothing a little extra time and cash can't fix. Just gotta take it a bite at a time.

Good to see a nice older car like that is getting some TLC. That's funny that you're from Ocala...I drove right by there constantly on my drives bacn and forth between Sarasota and here.

Yeah the body and floors are super clean. Even the underbody is surprisingly nice. Being from Chicago I am used to seriously rusty cars. Down here the problem is the sun beating the snot out of the paint and plastic - not to mention the cheap vinyl convertible tops.