Badging opinions....???

9lumina6

my take is SLAP the GXP badge, thats cool, you got the parts to back it up. But if/when you go to sell it DONT SAY ITS A GXP THATS BULL SHIT LOL. If someone goes Hey, nice GTX, say well its just a gtp with ...blah blah blah , i just like the badge.

ITS A CAR. the only thing that tells the normal world its a GTX/ GTP is the GTX/GTP badge. and frankly 90 percent of the population has no god damn idea that means its fast. its a 4 door car my friends

With a GXP if you change the seats/motor/ rear bumper/ front bumper/fender and wanna put a GXP badge on it.. why the fuck not? So it did not come as a gxp? BIG DEAL. there was no reason its not. its not like gm said "this frame is speical, i want to make love to this frame, lets call it a GXP," Nope sorry it just happend to be the a shell laying in a pile, that was made into a GXP, (they were picking the same shells to make GTP's GT's and SE's

and imma let you finish but as for the GTX, the cars are really Normal GTP'S, that have been Re-badged (just like he wants to do) just sayin the title/vin still says GTP, etc LOL!

So yell at SLP the took GTP's MADE UP some random name Called it a GTX, Took the GTP stickers off, slapped stickers on it that shined and said SLP and put a hood and spoiler on it, changed the tips And called it a GTX... to But it was still a GTP at one point.

Fwiw: SLP's job was to make/create the new model designation.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Night Fury

• GOT2B GM

• jeremy

• fastbird232

How about leaving the GTP badges there, and add "custom", or "special edition" badges to the car? The dealers do it all the time on new cars...

Personally, I'm torn on the issue. I wish Olds had made a 442 version of my LQ1 Cutlass convertible....but even if I striped mine like a 442, or made it look like a Hurst/Olds, I'd probably be reluctant to badge it as one....

Overall, though, it's an old car. About the only people who would know the difference are on these boards, and as long as you don't try to sell it as a "real" one, I don't see a problem.

I do realize I've got a minority opinion, though.

True story: I once siliconed a Cadillac emblem to the hood of my PT Cruiser as a joke. It got a couple weird stares, but then I couldn't get the damn thing off!

Funny thing is, the guy who bought it never noticed. He's sniffing trans fluid and kicking the tires, and never saw the badge.

I don't see any harm in putting GTX badges on a GTP. A real GTX is hard to find. If that is something you really want and have other parts that go with the GTX package might as well finish it off the badges. Even though it's a clone no one looking from the street would be a able to tell at a glance. A clone is nothing to be ashamed about'especially when it has the goodies to back up the badges.

Well there you have it folks. Corvette with Duramax can have Duramax badges, so why can't GTP with GXP provisions have GXP badges??

The Corvette had Duramax badges, not Silverado badges........

I'd be ok with LS4 badges on a swapped GTP.