• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Night Fury

• GOT2B GM

• jeremy

• fastbird232

The engine, the trans, the brakes, the suspension, the exterior, the interior, the wheels.......oh yeah, the VIN.

I was saying hypothetically if I cloned a GXP....... How is the GXP susp different than the comp G susp anyways?

I've always had the odd desire to modify my current car into a re-imagining of some long-dead model from whichever manufacturer my car happens to be from. Like building my Grand Prix into some modern Catalina or Chieftain. But that would be so plainly obvious that it wasn't the car the badge said it was, that it might surpass being a poser.

The only time I could ever justify rebadging is if you want to create a replica of a super rare car, such as if I were to do my Cutty up like an 88 pace car and put all the stuff from that on it. I'd love to have one of those but the reality is, only 10 are believed to exist and I think it'd be fun to make a replica of one.

The car is cool either as a GTP or GXP. Hell, you can make your own badge and call it a GTXP or GXTP for purposes of creativity since the car IS a bit of both. It's your car, do with it as you please. I'm not saying I'd bash you but chances are someone here will, just don't take it seriously. They don't drive the car, you drive it. :thumbsup:

Lotta owners here have rims from a different W on their car. Basically the same thing.

aw sweet, im gonna get some monte carlo badges and some grand prix badges and stick them on my car. whats better, Monte Prix or Grand Carlo?

Galen . . .

I'm pretty sure you know how I feel about this subject.

But just incase we're not on teh same page:

GXX

We'll hold a poll to have your car banned from "Car of the Quarter" later on as well.

LOL WUT? :think:

Well, I'm trying to draw a parallel to this. A badge is just an appearance mod that makes your car look better. *Some* rims just do the same thing. Sort of. It just hinges on how you perceive your badges and emblems. They're either there for appearances, or they're there for individual identification.

I look at it like this: Are you really a four star general if you found an old war helment and you wear replica pins? Are you the WWE champion if you work out and buy a replica championship belt? What if you're a fast runner and because of that you buy the same type of shoes Michael Johnson wore in the 96 olimpics... does that make you worthy of a gold medal?

I vote against up badging.

Now lets be serious for a minute. There are plenty of dildos running around out there with badges from Auto Zone that say "TURBO" and you know damn well they don't have a turbo. It takes a little bit more of a brainstem to differentiate between a GTP and a GXP. Then ask yourself "Who SERIOUSLY cares?" Not some random fuck behind you at the stoplight, because chances are they can't tell. Even if they DO care, you'll probably never have to hear it from them and after all, it's your car and they have no place to be mad about what you do with it.

It all boils down to two questions:

"Is this what I wanna do?"

And

"Am I gonna give a fuck if people know it's not a factory GxP?"

If you can answer yes to both of those questions then slap you some badges on there and be your happy little self. :thumbsup:

my take is SLAP the GXP badge, thats cool, you got the parts to back it up. But if/when you go to sell it DONT SAY ITS A GXP THATS BULL SHIT LOL. If someone goes Hey, nice GTX, say well its just a gtp with ...blah blah blah , i just like the badge.

ITS A CAR. the only thing that tells the normal world its a GTX/ GTP is the GTX/GTP badge. and frankly 90 percent of the population has no god damn idea that means its fast. its a 4 door car my friends

With a GXP if you change the seats/motor/ rear bumper/ front bumper/fender and wanna put a GXP badge on it.. why the fuck not? So it did not come as a gxp? BIG DEAL. there was no reason its not. its not like gm said "this frame is speical, i want to make love to this frame, lets call it a GXP," Nope sorry it just happend to be the a shell laying in a pile, that was made into a GXP, (they were picking the same shells to make GTP's GT's and SE's

and imma let you finish but as for the GTX, the cars are really Normal GTP'S, that have been Re-badged (just like he wants to do) just sayin the title/vin still says GTP, etc LOL!

So yell at SLP the took GTP's MADE UP some random name Called it a GTX, Took the GTP stickers off, slapped stickers on it that shined and said SLP and put a hood and spoiler on it, changed the tips And called it a GTX... to But it was still a GTP at one point.

another point, my truck has the skid plates, the bigger tires, the different Shocks/springs (EVERYTHING a z71 has) Why would i not but a Z71 badge on it. it has all the parts, i went threw the trouble of putting them on, just like the factory, they got to slap a sticker on it why cant i?

Edited by Addicted to eaton

I look at it like this: Are you really a four star general if you found an old war helment and you wear replica pins? Are you the WWE champion if you work out and buy a replica championship belt? What if you're a fast runner and because of that you buy the same type of shoes Michael Johnson wore in the 96 olimpics... does that make you worthy of a gold medal?

I vote against up badging.

Well . . . . . I'm inspired!!

I'm trying to acquire a pair of Michael Johnson shoes and an authentic gold medal.

I will then solder the gold medal to the hood, similar to the old 300M's and where their Chrysler logos are. And store his shoes in a ziplock bag inside of a box, that's also inside of an even bigger ziplock bag in the trunk.

When I'm severely tired on my commute, I will pull off of the highway and open the trunk, open the ziplock bag, the box, the other ziplock bag and pull out one of the shoes. I will then put the opening of the shoe in my face and inhale deeply . . . and the scents of Olympic victory and Michael Johnson foot sweat will carry me forward with both adrenalin and inspiration, and I will go on to victory.

God Bless America!

I have one of those on my gxp.

You do?

If you can call that thing Jeremy has a GXP, the guy buys 18" GXP rims from some guy and suddenly he thinks he's got a GXP, then the stickers start . . . Turbo this GXP that . . . if the car were actually a GXP the shortblock V8 isn't even Turbo anyhow.

Don't get me wrong Jeremy has a decent looking car, it's just slower than the average NA 3800.