• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Psych0matt

• BXX

• Twenty

• Venom

Also since you guys are discussing coil spring rates I am gonna try the progressive rate springs in the front and report back on handling and ride quality on them. Gonna go with the 225-475 rate.

Those look familiar. Must mean low is coming. :D

getting there. I realized tonight that I haven't ordered shocks/struts yet :lol: somehow those (of all things) seemed to have slipped my mind!

Everything for your mounts is on order. Even with the price of steel plate gone up, the supplier did a somewhat bulk order for me for the same price i paid in the past:thumbsup:

I get the plates waterjetted to what I need, so I only have to spend about 1 hour or on a front set. Rear set will be aboot the same amount of time.

Unfortunately, since my US supplier did shoot their cost up on the bearing cups, I had to go with ones from England again. But they are good about getting them to me in 2 weeks.

Sweet. Sounds like everything is moving along! I just gotta order some bushings and whatnot, and still just need the rear sway and lat links, but those will be had as soon as I get a dry non-snow covered JY day

What route do you think your going to go for the struts

When I get home from work, I will walk downstairs to my computer, sit in the chair, find some GR2s, and order them? :dunno:

Ok, ok, that's not what you meant by route! :lol: what exactly do you want to know? I haven't ordered any yet cuz I was gonna ask some opinions. I've always heard GR2s are the way to go, but I recall a few people saying they wear out quickly. I'm open to Ideas :thinking:

I went with GR2s. They will wear out quicker, but the adjustable struts were several times the cost. For the money, I decided it'd be better to get the GR2s for now and replace them in the future.

how much did you end up paying for yours? I think I figured around $75 x2 + $60 x2 = $270. I'd have to go back and look at my old posts, I just did a quick google search for prices. Also, what adjustables were you looking at getting?

I don't plan on driving the car daily, but definitely if it's nice out I'll take it to work often.

mine wore out quick, non lowered. But were for a gen 2. So dont take my opinion to heart there. But remember they have limited lifetime warranty. and was as easy as calling them telling them my problem Buying the new ones showing my receipt. and them paying me back in a timely manor.

how much did you end up paying for yours? I think I figured around $75 x2 + $60 x2 = $270. I'd have to go back and look at my old posts, I just did a quick google search for prices. Also, what adjustables were you looking at getting?

I don't plan on driving the car daily, but definitely if it's nice out I'll take it to work often.

My struts were around $150 if I remember, the adjustables were 6 or so times that. BXX showed them to me, I think they were KYBs as well. Hopefully he remembers what they were. :lol: