Why aren't there any NICE 1st gen w-bodies anymore?

supertrick_05

You just have to look everywhere. I was able to pick up a taken car of 93 Lumina sedan a a year and 1/2 ago at an estate sale and since then has become a garage queen. One base sedan you wouldnt expect to see.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MemphisMan

• Euro

• 94 olds vert

• fastbird232

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This same seller did sell it via no reserve auction on ebay a couple of weeks ago for like $13.5k. I watched the auction end. Seems kinda messed up that they're now starting it at $15k.

Oh really? I missed that. Well then, hmm....haha

They were inexpensive American-made cars when they were new. Not exactly the sort of vehicle you keep under a car cover and only drive on Sundays. My '94 sedan is in absolutely excellent condition for its age, but it's still a poorly made claptrap.

I saw that one before. Damn nice TGP! If I had the money, I'd buy the damn thing. Just too bad it's not a gray interior. I can't stand tan interiors in anything.

They were inexpensive American-made cars when they were new. My '94 sedan is in absolutely excellent condition for its age, but it's still a poorly made claptrap.

Some of you guys saying these 1st Gen W's were just a general American made car when they were new. Here's a question for you, Have you ever sat in a 99-05 Grand Am (for example). I was checking out a reletive's 02 GA for about about 20 minutes one day (partly because it had a few issues needing fixing). Soon after climbing out of the GA I hopped in the 90 GP SE to cruise back home. WOW the GP feels like an absolute Cadillac in comparison to that 02 GA. Maybe I shouldn't compare these two cars but the interior quality and overall build quality is massively different. :roll:

Edited by redmetrix

I saw that one before. Damn nice TGP! If I had the money, I'd buy the damn thing. Just too bad it's not a gray interior. I can't stand tan interiors in anything.

If you hate the 3.4 for being trouble prone you'll pull your hair out over a TGP

Mine will never be a grandma's car. A grandpa's car, yes, someday...but my oldest is only 14. As long as he keeps playing WoW, I won't have to worry about being a grandpa anytime soon.

Mine will never be a grandma's car. A grandpa's car, yes, someday...but my oldest is only 14. As long as he keeps playing WoW, I won't have to worry about being a grandpa anytime soon.

LOL!

Some of you guys saying these 1st Gen W's were just a general American made car when they were new. Here's a question for you, Have you ever sat in a 99-05 Grand Am (for example). I was checking out a reletive's 02 GA for about about 20 minutes one day (partly because I was it had a few issues needing fixing). Soon after climbing out of the GA I hopped in the 90 GP SE to cruise back home. WOW the GP feels that an absolute Cadillac in comparison to that 02 GA. Maybe I shouldn't compare these two cars but the interior quality and overall build quality is massively different. :roll:

My sedan is a claptrap. My old '95 GTP was a wonderful car, but it had the luxury of being completely loaded (every single thing but the HUD). My SE sedan is a complete base model, and it shows in the build quality.

That said, my '00 Grand Am SE was a helluva lot better put together than my current car.

Now that I think of it... I don't think I've really been in any cars that weren't built like shit! Even my Thunderbird had issues you could chalk up to corner-cutting. I suppose if I had to pick one car as the best, it would be the GTP.

you got to go back a little further. back when w's were getting Motor Trend car of the year awards.

Yeeeeeeah... but that prestigious list also features the Chevrolet Citation, Renault Alliance, Cadillac Seville, Ford Mustang II, Chrysler K-cars, and Chevrolet Vega.

Just sayin'.

Yeeeeeeah... but that prestigious list also features the Chevrolet Citation, Renault Alliance, Cadillac Seville, Ford Mustang II, Chrysler K-cars, and Chevrolet Vega.

Just sayin'.

I'd love one of those Citations with the sport package they came with. I forgot the name. /offtopic

Sent from iPhone Tapatalk

2.8L of carbed or FI fury!

6a00e54ed05fc28833011278d9a71f28a4-400wi

DO WANT. A kid came by my work last summer with one just like that. It even had all old school audio equipment in it, it was pretty bad ass. I saw it for sale a few month later on CL but the price was a little high for me.