anyone remember the supercharghed 3100 cutlass?

stockgp

I'm pretty sure the guy posted up on this forum, and I'm trying to find the old thread and pictures.

If you don't kniw or remember, the guy cut a hole in the top of a 3100 manifold and stuck an m90 blower on it.

I'm wondering if its the same guy who made it into a car craft magazine I ran across the other day

I seem to remember someone on 60* doing that to a mpfi 3.1 way back in the day. Then there was the guy that made his own adapter for a m90 on a dohc. But 3100 I don't recall.

There was a supercharger setup that was sold for 3400's back in the day. It didn't sit on the manifold but in front of the motor.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3054[/ATTACH]

I also remember seeing a centrifugal setup.

Maybe it was a 3.1. I didn't think that plenum would be wide enough.

This guy in car craft just rtvd the hell out of his. The article says its.a 93 grand am, but you can clearly see from the picture its a 95 and up cutty. Ill try to scan the article when I get home

There was a supercharger setup that was sold for 3400's back in the day. It didn't sit on the manifold but in front of the motor.

No, I'm talking straight hack job. This was no kit. Superchager was off an l67 I believe and dude just cut a hole in the plenum

I dont mind that car that much. Lose the spoiler and windshield banners, throw a normal hood on :dunno: I don't think it's that awful :lol:

EDIT: after looking at more pics, especially the interior, yeah its pretty bad. At least most of it is reversible, and at least most of it is installed straight, although gaudy and ugly!

The only one I remember was the Beretta with the M90 and the hole in his hood.

He actually made his a complete bolt on kit. Added an extra pulley, modified his upper plenum to either bolt on the M90, or bolt on a block off plate so he could go N/A.

Don't quite remember the one in the Cutlass though.

I remember a 60*V6 Cutlass that was gold in color and supercharged. I forget what all was done to it, but I believe it had some old school 60*V6 RWD parts on it(or a complete RWD engine) and it was using a distributor.

EDIT: Here's the one I'm talking about. I reposted pictures of it about a year ago.

450267_15_full.jpg

Edited by mfewtrail

that is sic..I just wouldnt want to change the plugs on that...very cool :-)