Well, thanks for having me.

Red Nightmare

I am the proud owner of a 1994 Grand prix GTP. With it's notorious DOHC setup. And the alternator buried... And the noisy steering pump. Yeah I know this car a bit.

I find that forums for cars are usually the best way to find possible fixes to problems cause if *I* have a problem, chances are others have had the exact same issue, like a certain distributer cap leak. Yes, that was my intro to the car when I got it, it seemed to be leaking worse than normal and come to find out...

But it is fixed now.

I tend to lurk more than post but I will be around yes.

I don't have any mods on my car, I do not have a lot of money and I am not big on mods anyways

I suppose I could show a photo of it... since a car forum revolves around auto stuff and not the owners...

So here it is, the car I have named "Red Nightmare".

I am sure plenty of fun problems will come from this car but when it is good like right now, I love it.

post-5745-143689058679_thumb.jpg

post-5745-143689058701_thumb.jpg

I don't have any mods on my car, I do not have a lot of money and I am not big on mods anyways

I suppose I could show a photo of it... since a car forum revolves around auto stuff and not the owners...

So here it is, the car I have named "Red Nightmare".

I am sure plenty of fun problems will come from this car but when it is good like right now, I love it.

Technically you have a couple. Tinted windows and if you don't already know those rims don't belong on that car. They are 95.5-96 rims, so someone (perhaps yourself) took a set of cross-laces off of it.

Looks incredible. My car is nearly a twin, but it's an SE. Welcome . . . and where from??

I live in Indy.

Yeah with the wheels, they came with the car,

I got this in August for $1,100. It had 192,000 miles (but 197 right now) and runs like it has oh, 20,000 miles.

Things I have done for repairs -

The dist. cap leak, disable the ever-flashing "low coolant" lamp (cooling system is full and fine), re-paint bumpers best I could with what I could afford (they look better than B4), fix turn signal switch, re-condition plug wires, replace plugs, had Midas inspect the undercarriage (subframe bolts were loose from whenever), rigged center console cover, cleaned or reconditioned various junk under the hood (IAC, EGR, PCV...), And just some other odds and ends.

I properly inspected the timing belt for stretch and wear, it shows signs of neither and pulleys look good.

I used to have this crappy little 4 banger Ford contour so when I got this car, man it was a treat. Room, power, style, and people noticing the car. Best part is, when I need to switch lanes or whatever and someone thinks they are gonna cut me off, I just hit the gas and the GTP flies right by no prob :thumbsup: