Strange Tranny Ways...

runt

Ok. Here's the deal....

Lets say I'm cursing at like 55mph. My tach will be reading somewhere around 1800, give or take a few hundred. Now lets say that I want to kinda increase speed to keep up with traffic. If I put my foot down further on the gas the tach does NOT move. It feels like the engine isn't getting any more power, although I will gain slightly more speed. It just feels "rough" when I do this, like the car wants to shift or throttle position needs reset. But if I pull my foot all of the way off of the throttle and then put it back on, the tach will go up and it feels smooth.

Not only that...(kinda the same thing)...if I am in 3rd gear and someone turns off of the road in front of me and then I wanna get back up to speed, if I hit the gas it will start to gain speed/power, but after about 2 seconds of doing this, it downshifts and goes crazy when it seems like it shouldn't be doing that....

If this makes no sence at all, kick me in the ass and I'll try to give a better explanation. I don't think that it is the tranny b/c the fluid and filter were replaced like 20000 ago (which isn't too bad IMO). All I really need to do yet is change the oil (probably tomorrow). Oh...and it does this wether there is fresh or old oil in there, if thats any help.

I can't really afford a tranny flush/filter change right now (fuckin' college) but if anyone thinks it will help it, I can try to get the money.

Help!!

Jeremy

Well, your rpms shouldnt increase rapildy while in OD and giving it a little gas. Its OD, its geared for MPG. Also, when you let off the gas, the TC disengages, so thats why when you get back in the gas, it revs up a little faster

I think I was pretty mild in that post myself!! lol.

Anyway...

Yeah, I know that OD is pretty much for MPG 'n everything, but it just doesn't make sence that it feels like the car is shuddering or viberating or something.

Then again, I am probably just overly paranoid. :roll: :oops: :shock:

when your at that low of an rpm you are close to your engines stall

giveign your motor more gas at that low rpm at first my try to flood it if it dosnt shift gears making it shake like that. The O2 sensor will correct this and just accelerat slowly at those rpms. its a 3.1 not a 350. 1800rpms is fairly low in your motors powerband

Maybe check your spark plugs and wires. If I'm going just above 45 in OD with the Torque converter locked up (tq conv will not lock up under 45mph) my tach reals 1200-1300 rpm. before I got new plugs any power down there was rough and really non existant. after new plugs, it actually makes enough power to maintain speed up a modest incline, or accelerate decently on a flat road. and its completely smooth! sounds really cool to because i don't usually hear my engine crankin that slow.