Back in the w-body....?

Addicted to eaton

Its hard to stay away. i got rid of all my w-body parts.. well i still have not sold some. But none are for a 1st gen. I went and looked at a 1992 GTP. its red, with Black leather that is like Mint, PLUS its a 5 speed. 4 new tires, and a new e-brake switch, and a little TLC would go along way. Only thing that is saying no to me is, the 3.4..

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/2098151090.html

thoughts and opinions.

From the pics, the body looks beat to fun man:think:

Ever dawn on you that the owner know something about the car that is keeping him from putting that little bit of work into it to???

please read full add [wrong ad] i have a 92 grandprix for grabs runs but needs work it needs door handles new tires the belts sliped in the front tires and will need replaced befor it can be drove also needs new brake light switch the lights stay on all the time without it and needs new batterie [Put that 'e' on befor] i can put the one out of my car in it to show that it does run THIS CAR WILL NEED TO BE TOWED BUT FOR WHAT IM ASKING OUT OF IT I DONT SEE THAT BEING TO MUCH TRUBBLE [You're kidding rite???] FREE AND CLEAR TIETLE [What the fuck is that?? Give me free tities!!] IF INTERISTED [You don't have to have the same amount of 'I's as 'E's in words] PLEASE CONTACT THROUGH [:eek: Shocked this isn't spelled: Threw] E-MAIL THANKS AND HAVE A NICE DAY PLEASE DONT ASK IF I WILL TAKE LESS THIS IS AS LOW AS I WILL GO THIS CAR IS WORTH WAY MORE THEN IM ASKING I JUST REALLY NEED THE MONEY RIGHT NOW AND THIS WILL BE AN GOOD ARE AFTER LIST PROBLES [Probles] ARE FIXED THIS PRICE IS FOR TODAY ONLY THANKS AGIN AND HAVE A NICE DAY [Why bother pressing the caps lock button to take it off once you've put it on anyhow, it's not like there's punctuation either.]

Anthony,

Get this guy on this forum and maybe we'll stop making fun of you spelling probles!!

All depends on what you see under the hood. I don't think that this is a bad project whatsoever, and how crap the interior is. Sometimes there's diamonds in the rough.

After looking at the pics, i'd be scratching my head and giving it alot of thought if i was in your shoes. :think: Its hard to tell from the pics unless i saw it in person...but if you say that in needs a little tlc and minor work, then $350 for it isnt bad. Turn signals, door handles, dents etc is a piece of cake to take care of. If it runs great and if you think it will last you some time...give it a shot and buy it. If you dont like it after a few months, fix the minor problems and sell it for more.

Looks like it would be a little work, but rust free is definitely a plus. This thing would look damn good after a little touch up painting. I would say go for it if you have the time and money.

Looks like it would be a little work, but rust free is definitely a plus. This thing would look damn good after a little touch up painting. I would say go for it if you have the time and money.

2x

BTW.. I love the 3.4 DOHC! :shrug:

Can't even use basic english = Capable of keeping a car in some sort of proper order? :think:

Breakdown beat me to it, I was going to quote the ad and see just how many errors there were.

I see this car as causing more problems than it's worth. You'll buy it, get started, see just how much work is needed, sell it immediately, and then buy another all over again. I say just hold out for a good one.

"TRUBBLE". :lol: Guy spells like a tard.

Anyway, after my previous CL experience, it seems a W-body is definitely worth at least $300 in scrap, so $350 doesn't sound like a bad deal if it runs.

I was nervous about the 3.4 in my vert when I bought it... in 2002. No major problems 8-years later. I do get very upset whenever I have to change the alternator though.

I don't see what the big concern is with it being an LQ1. I feel like there are a lot of people on here (including myself) who drive LQ1 cars everyday with no problems. Just freshen up the engine when you get it with a new alternator, belt and gaskets on and you should be fine for a long time. Additionally it's a red 284 GTP.. Buy it!!!:thumbsup:

its got black leather. with no rips quad buckets. looks like they have never been set in. back two tires are new. front two are shot. spoiler is off his black gtp. there is ONE dent, and it shines great. no paint fade. and starts and drives nice. 95k miles. paint on the back bumper did that at the car wash.